Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
dsuppa
dsuppa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
3rd kindle in 3 weeks

Ok, so my first K2 was replaced because one of the buttons was not working properly, there was a gap between the front and back and the screen faded in bright light. Now yesterday my new K2 which is in a silicone case AND a carry case dropped from a height of about 2 feet onto a chair and the screen goes. The top half of the screen saver picture showed on the bottom half of the screen and the top half was all lines and black spots.

I called Amazon and my 2nd replacement should be in today, now is it just me having bad luck with these or will a tiny drop like that break the kindle? If so I may have to return this and just get my money back, which would make be VERY sad.
dsuppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Be careful. There is an alleged rumor of Amazon cancelling accounts because of frequent returns. Sony rules! (ducks and runs for cover)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Be careful. There is an alleged rumor of Amazon cancelling accounts because of frequent returns. Sony rules! (ducks and runs for cover)
LOL!

I think it depends on how the device falls. I dropped my Sony from three feet onto asphalt, and although it took a nice chunk out of the corner, the screen was fine. But then another time, I threw my lighter into my purse, not realizing my Reader was open inside of it, and that nicked the screen. Luckily just a nick, everything is still readable.

Glad to hear Amazon is replacing it for you though. That's good news!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
LOL!

I think it depends on how the device falls. I dropped my Sony from three feet onto asphalt, and although it took a nice chunk out of the corner, the screen was fine. But then another time, I threw my lighter into my purse, not realizing my Reader was open inside of it, and that nicked the screen. Luckily just a nick, everything is still readable.

Glad to hear Amazon is replacing it for you though. That's good news!
Smoking a really bad you you and your Sony too.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
*smacks the bug* those returns are frivolous ones that she is talking about. I think you are just a kindle klutz . my kindle has taken much worse and not had issues. good luck and hang in there!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Smoking a really bad you you and your Sony too.
What's a bad you you?

Yeah I know, I put a call in to a hypnotist. Figured I'd give it a shot.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
That's called a forum zinger!

If you are returning items for perfectly legitimate reasons I think you are safe (despite what the Sony zealots say)

I've had no issues with the 2 kindles I have bought, you might just have bad luck. I've heard of people getting 3-4 defective items in a row, that's super bad luck!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Has Sony started accepting returns on devices people broke by dropping them?
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
dsuppa
dsuppa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
So far this one is good, just hoping I don't need another replacement. I think if another one dies I will have to return it and not replace for a 3rd time.
dsuppa is offline   Reply With Quote