Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #181
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Ah, twobob, I've tested also matchbox keyboard and... it gives problems on both luakit and midori (capital C doesn't work for example). Same on leafpad, and even worse with my dialogs.

At this point, it seems that matchbox can work properly ONLY on kterm xD
Now that sounds like it could be a problem with the locale settings -

Where kTerm is the only one that is over-riding your system locale settings during the startup.

Give it another try without your native locale settings (I.E: either change the system defaults, or over-ride them during the start-up of whatever your testing with environment settings).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #182
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Now that sounds like it could be a problem with the locale settings -

Where kTerm is the only one that is over-riding your system locale settings during the startup.

Give it another try without your native locale settings (I.E: either change the system defaults, or over-ride them during the start-up of whatever your testing with environment settings).
I've tried switching to English (UK), but nothing changed... about enviroment settings, I don't know how to do it (if it is still needed after switching system locale).

I wonder what other does change on kterm only mmh...
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #183
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't know if it helps, but not working chars are:

capital C
capital F
capital J
capital X

All the rest seems to work What do these letters have in common?

Last edited by Aeris; 11-17-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #184
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

capital C
capital F
capital J
capital X

CXJF

See? Ex? JF? JF... JFK?

A sign? Did you see ex-president JFK?
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #185
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
perhaps Not intercepted by some other process?
Unsure.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #186
Aeris

Dunno... weird mistery...

The same problem occurs with xdotool. And can be even better spotted if you are using a Custom Dialog. See in the screenshot below the result of the command:

Quote:
xdotool key a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
As you can see, all the uppercase letters appear preceded by a £ symbol (that's not the usual one... it has some extra space at its left and right sides); moreover, our misterious letters (C F J X) show the £ character only!

EDIT: here there is that special char: £
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_17T16_40_36+0100.png
Views:	322
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	115330  

Last edited by Aeris; 11-17-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #187
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

right yeah.

This is known behaviour. I am trying to remember what was done to fix this last time.

Spoiler:

*scratches head*

I believe one needs to actually post the keystroke event or something...
Hmm. err.. ah yeah: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=26

It is quite a peculiar setup I know... but I think that answer lies in this direction...
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #188
Aeris

mmh interesting link, but... Kindle PW doesn't really seems to have these methods

Code:
lipc-set-prop -i -- com.lab126.framework insertKeystroke 100

com.lab126.framework failed to set value for property insertKeystroke (0x3 lipcErrNoSuchSource)
Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #189
twobob

pressing the letter j

Quote:
131117:180612 pillow[1410]: D def:prv_dispatch_filter_keypress (prv_dispatch_filter_keypress:/home/jenkins-official/src/yoshime3/juno_309/OFFICIAL/platform/bin/kb/gtk-im/gtk_im.c:139)

131117:180612 pillow[1410]: D def:gtk_im_framework_commit context=0x42400 str=|j| (gtk_im_framework_commit:/home/jenkins-official/src/yoshime3/juno_309/OFFICIAL/platform/bin/kb/gtk-im/gtk_im.c:55)
most I can manage to dredge up at the moment...
Old 11-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #190
twobob

This reminds me of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=115

and digging through libkb.so I note x11_send_key so... Let me dig up xsendkeys and I'll see what I get.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #191
Aeris

Thank you Twobob, kind as usual
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #192
twobob

okay. doing some digging. anything above 255 seems to just "wrap-around".
(which makes sense)

CAPS LOCK is 66. (it would seem)

Here's what I was testing with

all the codes marked here CLOSE the keyboard in some way. The others either make no chars, are control codes, or a printable char.

export MOD=255; while [ ! "${MOD}" = "8" ]; do export MOD=`expr ${MOD} - 1`; if [ ! "${MOD}" = "66" ] && [ ! "${MOD}" = "110" ] && [ ! "${MOD}" = "36" ] && [ !
"${MOD}" = "78" ] && [ ! "${MOD}" = "70" ] && [ ! "${MOD}" = "69" ] && [ ! "${MOD}" = "68" ] && [ ! "${MOD}" = "67" ] && [ ! "${MOD}" = "110" ] && [ ! "${MOD}" = "104" ] then eips "${MOD} ."; usleep 90000; echo ${MOD}; xsendkeycode $MOD 1; xsendkeycode $MOD 0; fi; usleep 90000; do
ne;

So 66 is Caps Lock (I believe)
110, 36, 78, 70, 69, 68, 67, 104 are other keyboard-closing key codes

There is no "upper and lower" register set.

Will have to figure out what maps to what at some point. did most of em.

No single character code generates the "Double characters" you are experiencing, thus it has to be the "Shift"code we are passing is wrong.

Bit more derping should probably nail it.

There are many more in the upper registers that I missed like YEN ¥ Pound £ and _ & ^ | et cetera...

Interestingly: RIGHT SHIFT maps to the weird 90 degrees pipe character and left maps to £ which explains the symbols preceding your keystrokes.

Far as I can make out uppercase expects a Caps Lock 66 then the key on/off then the release. As opposed to a standard shift.

I know very little about this stuff but hope all this work helps someone who DOES know what they are talking about a bit of time.

I think mapping the leftover CTRL keys is probably a worthwhile exercise, for someone.

I'm way bored of this now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PW-codes.png
Views:	315
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	115355  

Last edited by twobob; 11-18-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #193
Aeris

Quote:
No single character code generates the "Double characters" you are experiencing, thus it has to be the "Shift"code we are passing is wrong.
It could be, but then there would be again the mistery of that four letters that aren't passed at all...

Double char anyway is only in my html apps... in Midori, leafpad etc. there should be only the four-letters problem. And in kterm no issue at all... I'm afraid I should bother baf again xD

P.S. I'm not sure what is your code about... must I run it or it was a test?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #194
twobob

Quote:
It could be, but then there would be again the mistery of that four letters that aren't passed at all...

Double char anyway is only in my html apps... in Midori, leafpad etc. there should be only the four-letters problem. And in kterm no issue at all... I'm afraid I should bother baf again xD

P.S. I'm not sure what is your code about... must I run it or it was a test?
Updated the info.

I don't think the four keys are a mystery, I think that their key codes are being intercepted by something, possibly the Window manager.

and you cant run that test without the relevant bins and libs. which I had lying around

Last edited by twobob; 11-17-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:02 AM   #195
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:

capital C
capital F
capital J
capital X

These are defined in rc.lua script:

Code:
-- {{{ Key bindings
globalkeys = awful.util.table.join(
    awful.key({ "Shift",    }, "j", print_dbg_info),
    awful.key({ "Shift",    }, "f", dumpFocusInfo),
    awful.key({ "Shift",    }, "c", function() log("shift c down") end, chrome_raise),
    awful.key({ "Shift",    }, "x", function() log("shift x down") end, chrome_lower),
    awful.key({ "Any",      }, "Home", handleHomeKeyDown, handleHomeKeyUp),
    awful.key({ "Any",      }, "Scroll_Lock", nil, screenshot),
    awful.key({             }, "F1", nil, accelerometerPortraitUp),
    awful.key({             }, "F2", nil, accelerometerPortraitDown),
    awful.key({             }, "F3", nil, accelerometerLandscapeLeft),
    awful.key({             }, "F4", nil, accelerometerLandscapeRight)
)
-- }}}
That's why I always took exclusive grab of the keyboard in my apps, like here.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, extensions, kindle, kual, launcher add-ons, midori