Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
tonyv
tonyv began at the beginning.

Device: elonex eb600
Elonex eb600 gpl violation

Hi
i have an Elonex eb600 I tried to get the gpl source code from elonex but they have just ignored me so i sent another request cc to gplviolations.org. gplviolations followed up asking me extra information about gpl violation ie how do i know. The problem is i am now running cool-er firmware see(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...?t=60496)which i think is identical.
Does anyone have the elonex eb600 and can confirm that on one of the dialogs it states that software is gpl and available on request.Elonex
has a bunch of other ebook readers now and no mention of gpl i think its quite likely they use linux as well so pushing this issue about the eb600 might push them to have a better policy about gpl rather than conveniently ignoring it.
Thanks tony

Last edited by tonyv; 01-28-2011 at 10:52 PM.
tonyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
I have an Elonex EB600.

Like you, I installed the Cool-Er firmware, so I cannot check the original anymore. But I'm convinced it's the same. Look and feel are identical.

Out of curiosity, did your EB600 also not have the MP3 player when the Elonex firmware was installed?
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
tonyv
tonyv began at the beginning.

Device: elonex eb600
Hi
I phoned up elonex quite rude at first now replied to email they want proof of purchase to proceed any further with my request for source code. Of course
i don't have my receipt does anybody elese have proof of purchase so they can request the source code from elonex.

Cheers tony
tonyv is offline   Reply With Quote