Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #16
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi Trevor

Great work!

Best,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
BruceB
BruceB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Agreed, it's *GREAT*. What are the units for the margins? Percent of screen? pixels? inches?
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #18
BruceB
BruceB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Another question best illustrated with an example.

Go to the website. Enter "verne" (no quotes) for the author and "island" (also no quotes) for the title. Select the first one ("The Secret of the Island").

What's going on with pages 4-9???
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
coolbooks
coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS505
Thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
Another question best illustrated with an example.

Go to the website. Enter "verne" (no quotes) for the author and "island" (also no quotes) for the title. Select the first one ("The Secret of the Island").

What's going on with pages 4-9???
In order to denote Italics you should use _Italics_ . This book contained a whole line of _'s. Therefore when I replaced them with <I></I> I ran into problems. I have now fixed this so please download the book again.

There will no doubt be more cases where the output is not correct. Please notify me when you come upon such a book and I will correct the problem.

Regards,

Trevor
coolbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
coolbooks
coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coolbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi Everyone,

em-dash is now implemented.

Regards,

Trevor
Old 02-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #21
coolbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
Agreed, it's *GREAT*. What are the units for the margins? Percent of screen? pixels? inches?
The units for margins is pixels.

I am a little more uncertain about exactly what the font size relates to but 100 is quite small, 150 is great for children.

Regards,

Trevor
Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #22
coolbooks

I have also now posted a Sudoku player on the site (my main line of business is in puzzles).

Regards,

Trevor
Old 02-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #23
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Please check the site in Opera, I get cut off tables. You might want to look into GutenMark for better results. Also, your books are uncompressed which makes them unnecessarily large. Why not use Calibre for conversion?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #24
coolbooks

I will check regarding the cut off tables.

My rationale behind the site is that I wanted to make the process of getting books onto the Sony easier. I aim to make the whole process as simple as possible - so simple that my dad can put books onto his reader without having to ask me for assistance.
I am now looking at taking html books as the preferred source, this will give me better results. Also I will be honing the conversion so that even the .txt files are converted to produce very neat books.
Even as the conversions are at the moment, I am happy with the results. It provides me with books that I can read with the minimum of effort. Maybe my expectations are not that high but I am confident that the results I achieve will continually improve.

Regards,

Trevor
Old 02-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I mean you could use Calibre's LRF converter as back-end for your site. This would give you properly compressed files. It also already handles HTML input.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #26
jimad
Connoisseur
jimad is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Project Gutenberg is starting to offer their books in directly Sony Reader compatible EPUB format directly, although the efforts still somewhat show their "experimental" nature.

Kindle users can convert to Amazon format via Stanza or Calibre.
jimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #27
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
Great job! I tried this with Moby Dick and custom settings.

The line spacing looks good, it appears a little bit more spaced than calibre books.

This is great for loading books on to SD card while on holiday (I'm not a big fan of the epub font)

Last edited by gregcd; 04-24-2009 at 02:20 AM.
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #28
teemee
teemee began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
how can i get the membership of this www.coolfreebooks.com?
teemee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #29
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have tried the LRF books from Manybooks.net and find they have excessive line breaks for me. I found I get the best results with downloading the HTML from PG and converting it with Calibre. I am still experimenting---most of the books I want are available here and I have been going to PG for French stuff. In one case, the HTML looked beautiful but the accents didn't work when I converted it.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote