Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #121
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I noticed bestbuy.com deleted all the negative reviews and comments about battery life. Now they have a perfect 5 star rTing
I wonder what the people who wrote reviews think about that. They probably won't review a product on bestbuy again, if theirs were deleted.
I know my battery isn't as good as I thought it would be compared to other kindles I've owned. I still like the Oasis 2. I do have to charge it more often.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #122
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I wonder what the people who wrote reviews think about that. They probably won't review a product on bestbuy again, if theirs were deleted.
I know my battery isn't as good as I thought it would be compared to other kindles I've owned. I still like the Oasis 2. I do have to charge it more often.
I posted a review there a month ago. Mine was good and still is there but at the time there were a lot of 1 2 and 3 stars and comments about battery life. I went there yesterday and all the reviews under 4 stars were gone. The device is now showing a 5 star rating. Odd.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:40 AM   #123
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I posted a review there a month ago. Mine was good and still is there but at the time there were a lot of 1 2 and 3 stars and comments about battery life. I went there yesterday and all the reviews under 4 stars were gone. The device is now showing a 5 star rating. Odd.

Very odd ! They don't want reviews with low ratings on battery life. Bestbuy should take that issue up with Amazon instead of hiding it in reviews.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #124
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
All reviews get adjusted, it does not matter what company or sites. I have even seen companies suing consumers for bad reviews.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:35 PM   #125
Wearever
Wizard

At least Amazon show both, most critical and most helpful reviews. I didn't leave a review on Amazon, because there were all ready hundreds by the time I got mine for Christmas. One more wouldn't have made a difference. I don't know how many reviews trigger a recycle on Bestbuy though. Still only 5 star reviews would make me wonder why only those were left. Unless at that cycle only 5 star reviews were made. I also think a lawsuit could go both ways if it's fraudulent to show only 5 star reviews.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #126
Wearever
Wizard

I just saw 3 reviews on Bestbuy just now for the Oasis 2. One of them has a 3 star review The other 2 are 5 star. So maybe it recycled again.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:00 PM   #127
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Could you please be more specific then "the internet"? Last time I looked, I believe "the internet" (Amazon) said it was anodized aluminum.
I believe that's exactly it.
Anodized aluminum, meaning they layered the plastic with aluminum.
I think it's too light to be solid aluminum.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:00 AM   #128
plainbriny
Enthusiast
plainbriny began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
2017 All New Kindle Oasis Disassemble

One paragraph translated with Google Translate:
Quote:
Then I carefully smaller partners also found that, in fact, this is not the case back all metal, in fact, is the subject of a plastic material, we see the gray portion of the bottom cover is plastic inside, outside paste together a relatively thick layer of metal material is electroplated or bonded can not be determined. Anyway, it looks just metal body, bones or plastic. But a lot of friends to do the same flat, normal.
According to the description, the inside of the back plate is plastic and covered by aluminum.

Last edited by plainbriny; 01-10-2018 at 05:03 AM. Reason: add translated quote
plainbriny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:10 AM   #129
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I believe that's exactly it.
Anodized aluminum, meaning they layered the plastic with aluminum.
I think it's too light to be solid aluminum.
Thank you. I'm guessing that your "layered plastic with aluminum" and anodized aluminum are two different things. Any chemists out there?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:49 AM   #130
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Thank you. I'm guessing that your "layered plastic with aluminum" and anodized aluminum are two different things. Any chemists out there?
Anodized aluminum simply means that an artificial (stronger than natural occuring) layer on the surface of the aluminum is oxidized (aka rust on steel). Preferably you would want to anodize the aluminum before bonding it to plastic - the process of anodizing aluminum requires full submersion in chemical baths that are not friendly for plastic.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #131
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would more than likely never read best it's reviews. It's pretty easy to see that anything but the perfect reviews are deleted.
Amazon has great reviews.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #132
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Amazon has great reviews.
Well, except for all the fake ones.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #133
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Well, except for all the fake ones.

LOL I heard about that problem.

I got annoyed at my OCD at watching the battery drain so I got the basic kindle to take with me to work and such for on the oasis all I do is stare at the battery monitor lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #134
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Lol. Big disappointment for fans. Especially for a device with that pricetag, we should be getting a year's worth of battery life!

Btw, the only way you can change the battery on a paperwhite, is by prying off the screen, and it is possible because the back is more flexible (plastic).
It gives you about 1 to 2 millimeters, enough to pry a small device between the screen and case.
Not so on a metallic back of the oasis.
I don't think it'll be easy to replace the battery at all; the battery which needs changing probably sooner than the paperwhite's.

Last edited by ProDigit; 01-12-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:35 PM   #135
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
Quote:
I don't think it'll be easy to replace the battery at all;
you can't even open it without damaging because it was glued together, here is some photos that someone tried to open oasis 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2967.JPG
Views:	1968
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	161474   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2966.JPG
Views:	1919
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	161475   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2965.JPG
Views:	1793
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	161476   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2962.JPG
Views:	1698
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	161477   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2964.JPG
Views:	1622
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	161478  

Last edited by vostro; 01-12-2018 at 07:29 PM.
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery life, koa2