Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-26-2003, 11:21 AM   #16
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Yes, it works fine in iSilo. One strange thing: when I hit the "preview" bar in the Manage configuration screen, it gives me what I would like to see on the handheld, namely the headlines and a backup story. How come what is "previewed" is in fact not reproduced on the handheld? PDR
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:26 AM   #17
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I am trying an experiment. Since it is so easy to schedule conversions on HS, I am configuring it to do automatic conversions in the morning - when I turn on my desktop - of BBC/Russian, CNN, New York Times and Weather Under. I will use iSilo to do conversion before I leave of Bloomberg, CNN, and other miscellaneous stuff. I'll see if I like it. PDR
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2003, 06:10 PM   #18
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by radleyp@Feb 26 2003, 10:21 AM
How come what is "previewed" is in fact not reproduced on the handheld?
Check out this tutorial I wrote on clipping with HS here:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=353

In one of the bullets I explain the difference between the preview in manage clips and the test clip in editor.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:14 PM   #19
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally posted by radleyp@Feb 26 2003, 10:26 AM
I am configuring it to do automatic conversions in the morning - when I turn on my desktop - of BBC/Russian, CNN, New York Times and Weather Under. I will use iSilo to do conversion before I leave of Bloomberg, CNN, and other miscellaneous stuff.
I do the same thing. In fact, I have some batch files set so that in the morning I turn on my laptop, turn on my Clie and pop it in the cradle, then go to breakfast. When I return, both HS and iSilo clips are created and loaded on to my memory stick in the right directories. HandStory doesn't even have to move them over to the right expansion directory. Works very well. I'll be writing a tutorial on this procedure in the next few weeks. While it isn't as convenient as AvantGo's hotsync, it's not bad.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:07 AM   #20
gvtexas
Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by radleyp@Feb 25 2003, 03:26 PM
And could you tell me why I am unable to convert this one [in HandStory]:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/low/russian/news/
As I suspected, it's the files on the site with a .stm extension. See my post here:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=396

...for a list of supported extensions. HandStory support indicated to me that they would forward the suggestion of enabling the .stm extension files for a future upgrade.
Advert
Old 03-27-2003, 03:43 PM   #21
p_starpower
p_starpower began at the beginning.

Device: clie
a just great program for the really complicated sites is repligo (http://www.cerience.com/) - on my sj33 its fairly fast and the killer feature is, that you see the page as a whole, no matter how comlicated, then long click on a paragraph and the text gets flowed full screen size and ALL fonts stay as they are - this all happens with everything which is printable as text (pdf, websites, worddocuments) - its like magic - BUT! - its expansive like hell...

get the trial version from the site and you will realize what i mean..

p_
p_starpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 06:14 PM   #22
zensbikeshop
zensbikeshop began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T
Smile Newbie

Hi

Just starting to use HS and am pretty impressed so far.

Would love it to integrate with Opera which is my browser of choice - is it me or is IE looking very old now?
zensbikeshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:02 AM   #23
gvtexas
Addict

Re: Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by zensbikeshop
Would love it to integrate with Opera which is my browser of choice - is it me or is IE looking very old now?
No, it's not just you! There are several browser options better than IE...but IE dominates the marketplace and is not likely to lose that position. Developers like HS choose to support IE and not others for sheer numbers. Last stat I saw was back in 12/02 and IE was something like 95% of the market. With that number, it's little wonder that it's basically the only supported browser in programs like HS...and that's not likely to change, unfortunately.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:15 PM   #24
jwy
jwy began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
that many?
i thought it was much lower than 95
what did netscape have then?
jwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 07:59 AM   #25
gvtexas
Addict

I went out and grabbed a report off Google...no doubt you could find other reports with varying numbers, but my 95% came from this global browser usage study posted by OneStat.com:

http://www.onestat.com/html/aboutus_pressbox15.html

Shows Netscape at 3%, globally.

I build Web sites for my company and years ago I paid a lot of attention to Netscape-specific coding to keep the pages looking semi-normal, particularly for NN4.x users. About a year ago I quit doing that, since the % of NN users out there is statistically so low that it just doesn't pay to support the extra effort for a small user base. Our stats show Netscape users at less than 1%, but then, our target audience is primarily corporate folks.