Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #4546
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I'm doing better than I once was. I did pick up nine Star Trek novels in March, and I've got another one (maybe five) flagged for April, along with the latest Tom Holt book - which, at fifteen books in two months, looks pretty bad at first glance. However, several of those are format conversions and books I've wanted to get anyway. I own and have read four of this month's five Trek specials, but getting them as ebooks for 99 cents each would be a nice step toward physical decluttering. Similarly, I already owned four of the March books and had read two of them, but now I can declutter the house, load all nine onto the reader, and refresh my memory of the older books with a reread before diving into the new-to-me sequels. As a bonus, I've discovered that the March series (Vanguard) leads into another four-book series (Seekers) that I have in Mount Tsundoku, so the March purchase can pay off in that additional way.

On the downside, I've been quietly amassing a large number of freebies, but my focus is on the stuff that actually costs me money (or credit). I look at the freebies as a combination of slush pile and collection challenge (some authors cycle through which of their books are free from week to week), so I may be enjoying the tracking aspect more than I will the stories themselves. I did complete a couple of those series recently, though, and I'm one title away from finishing another. If one has a taste for collecting, there are worse ways to scratch that itch than with free ebooks.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #4547
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Zero books bought in March. I was too sick to go out and shop and didn't have the energy or inclination to be sitting at a PC to purchase digitally. I laid in bed and read from my TBR. Shot my TBR reduction from 10 to 20 on the year in that two-week stint.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #4548
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I got a bunch of freebees which I will most likely never read. lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:34 PM   #4549
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I'm doing better than I once was. I did pick up nine Star Trek novels in March, and I've got another one (maybe five) flagged for April, along with the latest Tom Holt book - which, at fifteen books in two months, looks pretty bad at first glance. However, several of those are format conversions and books I've wanted to get anyway. I own and have read four of this month's five Trek specials, but getting them as ebooks for 99 cents each would be a nice step toward physical decluttering. Similarly, I already owned four of the March books and had read two of them, but now I can declutter the house, load all nine onto the reader, and refresh my memory of the older books with a reread before diving into the new-to-me sequels. As a bonus, I've discovered that the March series (Vanguard) leads into another four-book series (Seekers) that I have in Mount Tsundoku, so the March purchase can pay off in that additional way.

On the downside, I've been quietly amassing a large number of freebies, but my focus is on the stuff that actually costs me money (or credit). I look at the freebies as a combination of slush pile and collection challenge (some authors cycle through which of their books are free from week to week), so I may be enjoying the tracking aspect more than I will the stories themselves. I did complete a couple of those series recently, though, and I'm one title away from finishing another. If one has a taste for collecting, there are worse ways to scratch that itch than with free ebooks.
The Star Trek sales always get me too, plus the new Voyager book is out! i guess they get more money from me this month. *sigh*
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #4550
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I done did it again. Saw some classics on amazon discounted from $14.99 to like 99cents or lower so I purchased War and Peace, Anna Karenina and Fairy Tales of the Slav Peasants and Herdsman
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 AM   #4551
HLS
Wizard

I just purchased a 100 bo0ks for 99 cents

Did I read right? 22,538 pages. Hope my Kindle does not expode lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0-d84d81b0a526
Old 04-06-2018, 03:59 AM   #4552
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I had a lot of digging to do get out of the hole I made myself with those 4-counting-as-6 pbooks early in March, but with only minor cheating I managed to end the month with 1 book less than I started.

I have still only bought 3 ebooks all year, but there's at least one more I'm likely to buy soon.

With freebies and loans, I'm still only 2 down on the year. Treading water. It's kind of like trying to pay off my credit cards or lose weight, except that in this case doing more of the thing I enjoy - reading - is still a bonus.
That is amazing.
Over the years I have collected 1400 books - through kindle offers 99p books and kindle unlimited etc
Have read 700 so far
But still get tempted by American thrillers.
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #4553
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Well I can safely sing the 'hallelujah' song . For most of March I borrowed books from my lending library and the fact that I have to return them feels good. I didn't spend any money and I'm not 'hoarding' more books.

Yet, yet, I got a kindle unlimited subscription and two books totalling more than the 10$. So not bad really, yes?
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #4554
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Congratulations. A very good month.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:44 AM   #4555
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
approx 20 books bought in March (oops) but only one bought in April sofar
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #4556
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I had a good March, but April, not so much. On the plus side, the audiobooks I bought were all on my wish list.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #4557
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I had another paperback incident at the weekend. I seem to have cured my ebook addiction by switching back to paper. Four new books to work off. And it was just the one until I missed my tram.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #4558
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I had another paperback incident at the weekend. I seem to have cured my ebook addiction by switching back to paper. Four new books to work off. And it was just the one until I missed my tram.
I'm getting that way too. Got the itch for paper books!!Read one recently and enjoyed it. Well if going to the library for books stops me from buying ebooks then so be it. The ebook habit is expensive and even at $1.99 it adds up!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #4559
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
It's not so much that I prefer paper - I don't really have strong views either way - but with agency pricing on ebooks there's more room for bargains in paper.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #4560
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Bargains should be posted in the Deals forum. It's one thing to talk about purchases in the context of not buying books, but another to come here with the sole purpose of posting a link to a deal. That's not the purpose of this thread. Two posts have been deleted.

Last edited by issybird; 04-20-2018 at 08:17 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote