Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #16
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I hope that you enjoy your Kobo Aura One. It's a very nice ereader.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:13 PM   #17
Njall
Enthusiast
Njall began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, S7 Edge, Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliver View Post
I'm sure you will love it
Just so you know I got this case on eBay. It's OK but a little flimsy. I find sometimes the page turns while it's closed
Does the job but I may look for a better one.
Thanks. Right after I ordered the KA1 I went to Amazon and, after a bit of flogging the browser, bought Kobo Aura ONE case. Only time will tell if it worthy or if I should flog myself instead next time.

Tracking says it has been shipped and I should get it this coming Wednesday morning. Me and the UPS guy are on a first-name basis and he usually drives by around 10:40AM.
Njall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:14 PM   #18
Njall
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
I hope that you enjoy your Kobo Aura One. It's a very nice ereader.
Thank you. I hope I like it too. I am looking forward to the bigger screen.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't know if you've bought a case for your KA1, but I have the the H2O version of this case and I highly recommend it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71S6XNgYH9L._SL1200_.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	157975 Click image for larger version

Name:	71SQb8kfGgL._SL1200_.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	157976 Click image for larger version

Name:	71vsgalcDML._SL1200_.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	157977

https://www.amazon.com/kwmobile-Eleg...+kobo+aura+one
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #20
Njall
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know if you've bought a case for your KA1, but I have the the H2O version of this case and I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have already purchased a cover. I got the kwmobile Elegant flip which I picked specifically because I can use it to stand the KA1 up while I read. Handy, for example, when I cook.

However, the one you got I'd get if it possessed an origami stand like the one I bought. I like the design.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #21
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njall View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I have already purchased a cover. I got the kwmobile Elegant flip which I picked specifically because I can use it to stand the KA1 up while I read. Handy, for example, when I cook.

However, the one you got I'd get if it possessed an origami stand like the one I bought. I like the design.
Be careful cooking while reading. It can lead to burning.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:42 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I use Kobo readers primarily, but still have a Kindle book for borrows from Amazon. This system works well for me.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #23
Njall
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Be careful cooking while reading. It can lead to burning.
So, reading the recipe while cooking is not encouraged?

Guess I'll just have to stop eating then.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I know you bought a KA1, but the following is for anyone who reads this thread and doesn't know.

The one thing you can do with a Kobo that you cannot do with a Kindle is you can change the value of the sleep timer for longer than 10 minutes. That makes it better to use for displaying a recipe in the kitchen.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #25
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

Oh I thought you meant reading a book while something is simmering.
Reading a recipe is fine.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #26
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:

Attachment 157975 Attachment 157976 Attachment 157977

You and I have the same case (though mine is for the original Aura).

I wish it worked as a sleep cover. But other than that, I actually like it more than the official sleep cover I had (the plastic clip broke in that).
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
You and I have the same case (though mine is for the original Aura).

I wish it worked as a sleep cover. But other than that, I actually like it more than the official sleep cover I had (the plastic clip broke in that).
That is odd that it doesn't work with the Aura as a sleep cover. It works as a sleep cover for my H2O and the description for the KA1 says it's a sleep cover.

But yes, I rather like the design and it's a very easy cover to hold and not heavy.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #28
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
That is odd that it doesn't work with the Aura as a sleep cover. It works as a sleep cover for my H2O and the description for the KA1 says it's a sleep cover.
Yeah. Maybe because the Aura was the first to use that? I dunno.

First review for mine: I love the texture of this case but am disappointed in myself for not noticing that is does not have the auto sleep/wake feature built into it. If it have that feature this would be a 5+ star review!

But really, it's not so bad. At least this way I get to see my book covers.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote