Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
What's the easiest way to reduce the number also genre/tags?

Library grows and grows and metadata is downloaded...
I think many other will then have the same "problem" like me:
The number of genres is getting too big.

Maybe Calibre can help to reduce the tags to a "normal" number. But which workflow is good?

How do the gurus make it?
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post

Maybe Calibre can help to reduce the tags to a "normal" number. But which workflow is good?

Constant Vigilance

and
turning OFF the tags in Download Metadata (these tags are so paper card catalog)

Baring that, Set the tag browser to sort by popularity and start whacking the edge (count) cases
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post

I use the following metadata plugins to download metadata
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Fantastic Fiction
GoodReads

The only one of the above that download tags is Goodreads. The Goodreads metadata download plugin allows you to map the goodreads shelves to your own tags. Before I download metadata I clear the tags then use my custom goodreads mapping file to limit the downloaded tags. You can read more here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote