Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
902 and pdf's (internet archive)

It seems the 902 doesn't want to display Internet Archive PDF's.
E.g. the one's available here:
http://www.archive.org/details/colle...msof00davirich

Neither the colour nor the black and white PDF will display on my newly received 902. (Out of the box settings & FW.)
Anyone know why?

Direct download links for the pdfs:

http://www.archive.org/download/coll...00davirich.pdf
http://www.archive.org/download/coll...avirich_bw.pdf
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I tried viewing the BW version with the xpdf viewer on my Linux desktop and it started generating thousands of errors after the 26th page (page 18 of book). It looks like there may be problems with the PDF files.

Last edited by rkomar; 07-19-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Fixed page number.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
The pdf file does not display well in fit width mode or magnified mode of Adobe viewer in my 902. But I can read it without problem in normal mode with 95% or less size.

Last edited by atango; 07-19-2011 at 10:24 PM.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:51 AM   #4
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Many thanks. I hadn't thought to unzoom yet.
PDFviewer fails to load the books. Adobe now works for me the way you describe, at least for the B/W file.
(The colour file just gives me blank pages, where the face of Jesus briefly flashes through when I turn a page. But of course B/W is all I need on this device. :-)

Great, because the ability to read internet archive pdfs was a big reason to try out the 902. :-)
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote