Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Apple store might have it right..

http://nanocr.eu/2010/06/27/googles-...ndroid-market/

"DVD Jon" weighs in on the Android Store. Spam applications, illegal music downloading, poorly paid developers. Hmm. Maybe Apple's store isn't so bad after all.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Yeesh.

I do think the Apple app store is too restrictive, but this is ridiculous.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I find the apps and the buying process at the iTunes app store fine. The only problem I have with it is it is a pain to find apps. With so many apps there has got to be a better way to catalog, browse and display them.....

The chaos of the Android apps though, is a much worse state of affairs....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
I find the apps and the buying process at the iTunes app store fine. The only problem I have with it is it is a pain to find apps. With so many apps there has got to be a better way to catalog, browse and display them.....

The chaos of the Android apps though, is a much worse state of affairs....
New to the app store - just got my 'pad. Is there a way to filter out apps Rated lower then 4?
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
New to the app store - just got my 'pad. Is there a way to filter out apps Rated lower then 4?
I use http://appshopper.com but it doesn't let you filter by rating. It does have a good full text search, lets you see popularity on some, has a price history so you can gauge when to buy and several rss feeds if you want to be swamped in info.
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, apps, itunes, marketplace, store