Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-02-2018, 09:13 PM   #196
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ilovejedd: They don't on the userstore, no .

But not everything gets put on the userstore, and my packaging scripts are already full of shitty workarounds for release packages because of MR's 20MB limit, so I'm happy with not adding any weird crap like that for the snapshots ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:34 PM   #197
dpk
dpk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Post KO Reader is not working

Tried to install KPV Booklet on PW4 and it's failing with error "failed to remount root fs ro -=-. The MRI package worked fine in PW2 but fails in PW4 device. Every other MRPI packages or Kual Extensions all good. Can someone throw some light here?

Last edited by dpk; 12-03-2018 at 07:23 PM.
dpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:49 PM   #198
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
Tried to install KPV Booklet on PW4 and it's failing with error "failed to remount root fs ro -=-. The MRI package worked fine in PW2 but fails in PW4 device. Every other MRPI packages or Kual Extensions all good. Can someone throw some light here?
The place to leave a trouble report is at the KPVBooklet github repository. (Same as KOreader repo)

None of those other things diddle the SQL mime-type database (which could change with every firmware version).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #199
dpk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The place to leave a trouble report is at the KPVBooklet github repository. (Same as KOreader repo)

None of those other things diddle the SQL mime-type database (which could change with every firmware version).
Agreed! Few minutes ago have realized, it's something to do with the KOReader development community and not specific to the jailbreak methods used here. Thanks anyway for your swift response!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #200
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
Agreed! Few minutes ago have realized, it's something to do with the KOReader development community and not specific to the jailbreak methods used here. Thanks anyway for your swift response!
If they have a build that works on the KOA2, give it a try on your Kindle.
Both the KOA2 and the PW4 have the "Androidized" file system layout.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #201
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@dpk: Which packages did you try to install? And was that with the very latest MRPI snapshot?

(Note that the "switch back to RO" failure is a warning, not a failure, it cannot be the cause of an install failure, since it happens after a package install, during the cleanup phase).

That said, what @knc1 holds true: KPVBooklet probably has severely limited chances of actually working on the PW4 or the KOA2, and possibly on anything running FW 5.10.x or even 5.9.x .

Nonetheless, someone reported such a weird RO warning with other, tamer packages earlier, so I'd be glad to see some logs... (MRPI at the least, but the cherry on top would be full system logs caught during the MRPI session).

(See the first page of this very thread for more details, that was one of the first things to come up ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-03-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:25 AM   #202
dpk

@NiLuJe

Actually it's an issue with the package itself. The package is not designed to work on PW4. Here is the right exception I could locate in mrinstaller.log. The error "failed to remount root fs ro" was happened for a prior installation and also this seems harmless as the error line is next to success

[2018-12-03 @ 18:32:15 +0000] :: [MRPI r15539] - Beginning the processing of package 'update_kpvbooklet_0.6.6_install.bin' (kpvbooklet 0.6.6 I) . . .

Package 'update_kpvbooklet_0.6.6_install.bin' (kpvbooklet 0.6.6 I) is not targeting your device [0PP vs. 11 0F 10 24 1B 1C 1D 1F 20 D4 5A D5 D6 D7 D8 F2 17 60 62 5F 61 C6 DD 13 54 53 2A 0G1 0G7 0G6 0G2 0G5 0G4 0KB 0KC 0GC 0GD 0GU 0K9 0KA], skipping . . .
Old 12-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #203
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@dpk: Yeah, that, too .

I'd be curious to see the bits about the ro remount failures, to see if the shitty workaround I implemented did the trick... .
Old 12-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #204
paoj
paoj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4
However, if I have connected the new pw4 to the internet and I have a new soft 5.10.1.3. I will not do anything? Downgrade? Jailbreak?
paoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #205
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@paoj: Nope. Your last resort is hardware access (serial).
Old 12-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #206
paoj
paoj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4
I will wait for the soft option. I do not want to lose the warranty hardware upgrade

Maybe something will work in the future in this soft

Last edited by paoj; 12-08-2018 at 04:14 PM.
paoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #207
pdfstudent
pdfstudent began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 4
Is there any jailbreak in process for the current firmware of 5.10.1.3 for the PW4?
I would like to put KOReader on my kindle, so I can export pdf-notes for academic use. Otherwise I'd just probably buy a Sony e-reader...
pdfstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #208
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfstudent View Post
Is there any jailbreak in process for the current firmware of 5.10.1.3 for the PW4?
. . . . . . .
Such work is never pre-announced as that would only give Amazon's Lab126 a head-start on countering it.

As a new, first time, poster here, we have no way to know if you are not the person in charge of Lab126.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #209
pdfstudent
pdfstudent began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Such work is never pre-announced as that would only give Amazon's Lab126 a head-start on countering it.

As a new, first time, poster here, we have no way to know if you are not the person in charge of Lab126.
I see, don't worry, I didn't even know about Lab126. But yeah, sounds only logical, so I guess I'll just have to be patient then.
pdfstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:55 AM   #210
pinkman
pinkman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
I got my Kindle (G000PP) with special offers and the tutorial states I should consider unsubscribing from the ad support. Is this absolutely necessary?

Also, what exactly happens when Amazon updates my subscription? As of right now, my Kindle has FW 5.10.0.2. I kept it in airplane mode to prevent it from phoning home. Will it try to pull an update once I connect to WiFi? Should I add the OTA blocker as a precaution?

Thanks in advance!
pinkman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, pw4