Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
PRS-650 Battery life and page turns

In the 650 user manual we have this:

"Maximum Battery: Approx. 10,000 continuous page turns
when reading only.

Measured using a text based content in ePub format and a
fully charged battery, consecutive page-turns at
approximately one second per page under the
recommended operating temperature. Actual battery life
may vary based on usage patterns and individual device."

This compares well with e.g., PRS 505 (approx 6800 page turns).

But the manual does not say whether this is page turns using the hardware buttons or the touch screen. I suspect it is using the hardware buttons. What I really want to know is the figure for the touch screen. How do we find out? I could not find any pre-sales contact address for Sony on their web site.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
I'd say it doesn't really matter whether you use buttons or touchscreen in this case. The latter will consume practically the same bit of power when reader is on, no matter whether you use it or not.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
I'd say it doesn't really matter whether you use buttons or touchscreen in this case. The latter will consume practically the same bit of power when reader is on, no matter whether you use it or not.
You could be right. I could not see any option in the manual to turn the touch screen off, so we can assume it was on when Sony did the page turn test.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote