Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
On clearance - PRS300 & 600

Not surprisingly Target has the PRS300 in clearance for $104 and the PRS600 for $144 at my local target. About 3 of each. The accesories are also on sale.

Boders has the 600 for sale at $149, though their website says it should be $139, but the store was not having any of that.

No returns at either store. Apparently back to Sony if there is a problem.

Local Sony Store says the 350 and 650 will be in store during September, but no date as to when.

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Georgiegirl2012
Connoisseur
Georgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony touch prs600
In the UK the 300 is £99, and the cheapest I found the 600 is £149.99 (which is what I paid for it) - it's in the Sony stores for £179 + free cover with light.

Waterstones are accepting pre-orders for the 650 for £199 (lauch date scheduled for 17 Sept)
Georgiegirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Hal View Post
Not surprisingly Target has the PRS300 in clearance for $104 and the PRS600 for $144 at my local target. About 3 of each. The accesories are also on sale.

Boders has the 600 for sale at $149, though their website says it should be $139, but the store was not having any of that.

No returns at either store. Apparently back to Sony if there is a problem.

Local Sony Store says the 350 and 650 will be in store during September, but no date as to when.

Hal.
The Sonys are definitely not on sale at my local Target store, though the accessories are.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
Rtnrlfy
Rtnrlfy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I found the PRS-300 on clearance at my local Target. :-) To think that I came THIS close to buying one yesterday at full price...
Rtnrlfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I just grabbed a 600. At Tiger Direct, for 169. Not a screaming deal, but not bad, either.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I just grabbed a 600. At Tiger Direct, for 169. Not a screaming deal, but not bad, either.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kenny, I KNEW you would find this post instantly! Feel like helping out a newbie? I have LOTS of questions about my new toy while it's charging
Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Kenny, I KNEW you would find this post instantly! Feel like helping out a newbie? I have LOTS of questions about my new toy while it's charging
I may not have the answers, but will be glad to try. Congrats!
BTW I shipped the 900 to India on Friday....
Old 09-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I may not have the answers, but will be glad to try. Congrats!
BTW I shipped the 900 to India on Friday....
Yes, I saw that a sale was pending. I had more money than I thought I did, and Chris found this at Tiger Direct. He needed to go over there anyway, so...
Old 09-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
kennyc

Quote:
Yes, I saw that a sale was pending. I had more money than I thought I did, and Chris found this at Tiger Direct. He needed to go over there anyway, so...
It's a great reader. I think you'll love it.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Also, fyi, Sears has the cover with light for the 600 for 29.95 and 24.95 for the 300.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Target - Clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
The Sonys are definitely not on sale at my local Target store, though the accessories are.
Target @ Pomerado Road, San Diego has them on clearance. However, no returns.

Borders @ Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego has the 600 for $149 - they had 3 or 4. The 300 was $129.

Hope that helps.

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
JLukeW
JLukeW began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Cost (for the store) at the retail outlet I work at is about $120. Retailing at London Drugs/BestBuy/Futureshop in Canada for $140 right now.
JLukeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
abeaty
Enthusiast
abeaty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperweight
Quote:
Does the 600 come with a leather cover like the 505? If so, could someone please measure it for me?

Anyone know if the 650 is going to come with one too? Any thoughts on its dimensions?

Thanks.
abeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #15
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I just went to my local Target, and they only have the 300, and it is on clearance for the hugely discounted () price of $127.48. Seriously? You call that a clearance price?
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote