Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
VulcanRidr
VulcanRidr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era Stardust Silver
loader processes don't die

I've been re-converting a bunch of my books and noticed something after my system locked up. I'm running 0.7.1, and if I select, say 25 or 50 books, and re-encode to epub (they were previously mobi, but epub support in Calibre seems to have matured enough that I am giving it a go), the last book gets to 100% but never completes the conversion.

At this point, I have to kill Calibre, then restart it. Well, I killed it and did a ps aux and grepped for loader. Even thoguh Calibre is not running at the current time, there are still three /opt/calibre/loader processes on the system. Every time I have to kill and restart, it appears that I get an additional X+1 loader processes. (e.g. the first time I get 3, the second time 4 and so on)

I'm running Calibre 0.7.1 on a Debian/sid machine.

Is there a fix or workaround for the last job never completing or the leftover processes?

Thanks,
--vr

Last edited by VulcanRidr; 06-11-2010 at 09:52 AM.
VulcanRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you kill the main processes, it wont be able to kill the worker processes. Simply kill the worker processes manually as well.

As for your lock up, hard to say, works for me on gentoo converting 300 books at a time.

You can get more debug output by running calibre as

calibre-debug -g

in a term
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
VulcanRidr
VulcanRidr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era Stardust Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you kill the main processes, it wont be able to kill the worker processes. Simply kill the worker processes manually as well.

As for your lock up, hard to say, works for me on gentoo converting 300 books at a time.

You can get more debug output by running calibre as

calibre-debug -g

in a term
I apologize for the lack of accuracy in my speech. I am not killing the app from the command line. I close the desktop app, then right click on the icon in the KDE (4.4) taskbar and select close.

I will run calibre in debug mode next time.

Regards,
--vr
VulcanRidr is offline   Reply With Quote