Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-03-2006, 05:06 AM   #1
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
iRex iLiad V2.6.1 patch upgrade available

Well, I connected my iLiad to iDS just now, found a new upgrade (patch) which is 2.6.1, it also comes with a six pages "iLiad Patch Notes Version 2.6.1".

The patch gives us several bug fixes as below:
  1. Content Browser
  2. PDF Viewer
  3. iLiad Settings
  4. Wireless connectivity
For patch details pls look at the attachment or just upgrade your iLiad
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Patch Notes v2.6.1.pdf (48.2 KB, 706 views)
each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:25 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the heads-up. Strangely, iRex haven't e-mailed me about it yet as they did in the past.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2006, 05:26 AM   #3
Miltonlee
Miltonlee began at the beginning.

Thanks for your sharing,I will upgrade now
Miltonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
donkaarlos
Junior Iliad User
donkaarlos began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad GONE - kindle & Kyobo
Thanks! I just upgraded! Had to reset once.. Now it seems to work at least the sound is off now!
donkaarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:45 AM   #5
harryo
Enthusiast
harryo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten TX / Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by each
Well, I connected my iLiad to iDS just now, found a new upgrade (patch) which is 2.6.1, it also comes with a six pages "iLiad Patch Notes Version 2.6.1".
The upgrade went fine for me. Finally, the sound is off :-).

Links in PDFs work properly, as per the notes. Sadly, because of the change to the up button that happened in 2.6 and has been changed again in 2.6.1, there doesn't seem to be any way to go back after following a link.

Does anyone know whether there is?
harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Bug fixed where a manifest container was created on the internal file system
Funny they call this a bug now. Before, they said that nothing was wrong with the software and that it was the user's fault for bricking his device.

At least they are attempting to fix severe issues.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 AM   #7
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
What's also new in this update is the way they upgrade.

In order to download this patch and any future software releases you will need to create a user account to connect to iDS. Note: These download and installation instructions are only applicable for software version 2.6.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:20 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
What's also new in this update is the way they upgrade...
You sure it's any different from the previous upgrades?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:33 AM   #9
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I think the difference here is that it's only its only a userland upgrade, i.e. no kernel upgrade.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #10
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
A personnel from JCNIP (the partner of iRex in China) mentioned that V2.7 will be released on around Sep 15, 2006, and the monthly software upgrade has been scheduled.

One of the new features incomging was confirmed by this guy: the Pen Tool for PDF viewer would be available on vesion 2.7 or 2.8

Last edited by each; 09-03-2006 at 01:58 PM.
each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
So...I forgot to check Mobileread yesterday and I missed the upgrade..I'll install it now...strange that they didn't send an email this time...maybe they didn't want to send it too early this time...:-)

Also strange that The 2.7 is supposed to be here soon, and I haven't received a beta yet...I'm a member of the beta team now, so I should have received at least some notification about this...but I haven't seen any details about the beta-testing program at all yet, so I'm not sure about anything just now...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #12
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

Can anyone tell us what other key items are in the patch notes that aren't listed in the thread? Those of us with Iliads currently on a world tour back to Germany would be interested.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
bral
bral began at the beginning.

I just found this 2.7 pre-image for the iLiad: http://tinyurl.com/gj5lu ...
bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #14
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by bral
I just found this 2.7 pre-image for the iLiad: http://tinyurl.com/gj5lu ...
Ha!

Just a sec.... Let me see if I can find my Commodore PET so that I can read the update media.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #15
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
PET does not work. You will need a C16.

Btw.: C16 rulez!

LOL
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote