Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone
Price/Availability Comparison Site...does it exist?

Hey everyone. I just got my Cybook for Christmas so please bear with me if I'm missing something really simple here.

If I'm looking for a book, I hate having to search through Fictionwise, Books on Board, Mobipocket, Baen, Ebookmall. Does there exist a website that aggregates all the selections and price from various ebookstores and allows you to search on that site? I guess something similar to www.pricegrabber.com where you put in a product name and it gives you back all of the websites that have that product and for what price...

Thanks.
Badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone
Anyone?

So everyone here, when looking for a book, checks six different websites?
Badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
Anyone?

Ah, I usually check 3. But, you are welcome to check 6.

Also, I know some specific sites have certian books cheaper. Like Pocket Books sells Star Trek books for less than most places, even Kindle store.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
Anyone?

I do.......I have them bookmarked, so its no big deal. Not all six, mind you.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well there was a project to develop a search engine to search multiple sites, Discussed in these threads

Unified Search Engine - The ball is in motion

What is a good name for a cross-publisher ebook search engine?

There is a Wiki entry as well for Unified Ebook Search Engine and there is a Java beta version of the search engin which searches a few of the sites which have open API's called JAM Which you could try out.

Its still pretty beta, so not that usable, but its worth keeping an eye on.

I did try to create a custom google search for those sites but could not get it to work. Perhaps someone who's can make more sense of the system could implement one until a custom search engine is ready.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
here is another one you can try:
http://MetaEbooks.com
MetaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #7
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
There's also http://inkmesh.com/ , from the front page of News here.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote