Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Purchasing eBooks

I have a PRS-500 and I know I can't use the Sony store legally.
I was thinking of purchasing a given eBook - a J.M. Coetzee book perhaps - and I was wondering where I could go to legally buy a Coetzee eBook - and what would I need to do to transfer/deDRM it?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Why can't you use the Sony Store? If you are outside the US, there are gift cards.

In any case, I only see one J.M. Coetzee title at (say) Books on Board. If you have a Windows PC, you can buy this in MS Reader (LIT) format, strip the DRM using "ConvertLIT GUI" (downconvert, not extract), and then format shift to LRF using Calibre. Note that stripping DRM is illegal in many places, but since you have bought the ebook it is hard to see who is hurt by doing this for personal use.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert