Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
estrellanavidad
estrellanavidad began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
Change color automatically of one word everytime it appears in the book

Hi I would like to know if there is anyway to change the color o background color of the same word in the whole book. For example everytime the word house appears is in blue or highlighted.

I figured how to do it one mention at a time but I was hoping for a quicker way because I have like 3000 thousand books I have to do it to.

Thank you so much
estrellanavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrellanavidad View Post
Hi I would like to know if there is anyway to change the color o background color of the same word in the whole book. For example everytime the word house appears is in blue or highlighted.

I figured how to do it one mention at a time but I was hoping for a quicker way because I have like 3000 thousand books I have to do it to.

Thank you so much
Wrap it in a span

search: \b(house)\b
Replace: <span class="makeblue">\1</span>

CSS: span.makeblue {background-color: blue;}

note, I limit the check for only the word House (not housekeeping) by looking at a boundary . I use the capture solely to make the replace simple
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
color, css, word