Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Wendyy
Wendyy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Can't change book covers

I've been trying to add some book covers, and it seems to work until I add the books to my device. In the library the book covers I add are still visible, but when I look at my device (on the computer and the device itself) the picture changes into a tiny picture surrounded by black. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried adding covers mannually and also let Calibre search for covers, but one of it seems to be working.
Wendyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
Wendyy
Wendyy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I've also tried to convert some of the books to whcih I have added new covers, but that way the cover I added disappears entirely and is replaced the one that was originally in the file.
Wendyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyy View Post
I've been trying to add some book covers, and it seems to work until I add the books to my device. In the library the book covers I add are still visible, but when I look at my device (on the computer and the device itself) the picture changes into a tiny picture surrounded by black. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried adding covers mannually and also let Calibre search for covers, but one of it seems to be working.
Adding covers to the Library does not automatically update covers inside the book (this usually happens when you Send to Device, but only for the copy ON the device)

What does the cover look like using the Calibre Book Viewer (V)?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think Polish will put the new cover in the ePub on your hard disk, if its configured to do so.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Is this with the Kobo Glo? If so, it uses the first page of the book as the cover. It generates the page as needed and stores the images for later use. Unless the book is on the SD card, in which case the image is generated each time it is needed.

The above means that if the first page of the book displays OK, the cover should be OK.

If you convert the book to put a new cover into it, or use Polish books, you need to resend the book to the Glo. If the Glo has already generated the covers, they are not updated. For the recent versions of the calibre, from 0.9.21 I think, the covers are removed on the device when the book is resent. That allows them to be regenerated.

If you have a book that is still not working, I would like to see it. Or grab a book from the library here and test it. If it doesn't work I can get a copy and test it as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert