Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 10:12 PM   #481
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Unhappy can't access the external SD

I just loaded Moon+Reader Pro v4.1.2 on a new Galaxy Tab S2 running Android 6.0.1. On my old tablet, under Android 4.2.2, I had my library stored on an external SD card. I want to do the same thing on the new one. On the new tablet, Android's "My Files" shows the external card and the folder I created in it for ebook files. But...

Moon+Reader's Local Files list on the old tablet has /sdcard/books, /sdcard/ /mnt/extSdCard, /storage, Gdrive, and dropbox. But Local Files on the new tablet has only /sdcard, Gdrive, and Dropbox. How can I get Local Files to recognize the external card so I can navigate to it?

Thanks --
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #482
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Thumbs up

Solved!

With Moon+Reader Pro 4.1.2 and Android 6.0.1, go to My Files in Moon+Reader and select Local Files. Navigate to the root directory (/), then to Storage, and then to [name of your external SD card -- mine is 3209-EF9D]. Then you can go to wherever you put your ebook library.

This was suggested by Purple Lady's 4/21/2013 reply to a similar question. With the Moon+Reader and Android versions that were current then, the path was Local Files > root > mnt > ExtSDcard. That's different from the path for the current versions, but it was enough of a clue for me to find my books. Thanks, Purple Lady!!
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #483
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eischech View Post
Solved!

With Moon+Reader Pro 4.1.2 and Android 6.0.1, go to My Files in Moon+Reader and select Local Files. Navigate to the root directory (/), then to Storage, and then to [name of your external SD card -- mine is 3209-EF9D]. Then you can go to wherever you put your ebook library.

This was suggested by Purple Lady's 4/21/2013 reply to a similar question. With the Moon+Reader and Android versions that were current then, the path was Local Files > root > mnt > ExtSDcard. That's different from the path for the current versions, but it was enough of a clue for me to find my books. Thanks, Purple Lady!!
You're welcome! That certainly was an old post.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #484
Negativo
Chosen One Member
Negativo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Galaxy Note 10.1 V.2014, Moto G6 Plus
Hello, I´m a new user.
I wanna know if there´s any way to change the bottom Percentaje information into pages left.
I just want the tipical "page 453/866" data, not the "77.3%"

Thanks>¨
Negativo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #485
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
delete. Sorry completely wrong thread.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-18-2017 at 11:43 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 01:12 AM   #486
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativo View Post
Hello, I´m a new user.
I wanna know if there´s any way to change the bottom Percentaje information into pages left.

Thanks>¨
No
pages are counted only for the opened chapter, and change as you change preferences. There ie no fixed page count. In Moon, one page is one screen of your current display settings
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #487
Negativo
Chosen One Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
No
pages are counted only for the opened chapter, and change as you change preferences. There ie no fixed page count. In Moon, one page is one screen of your current display settings
Thank you very much Stumped, I won´t be stocked there anymore, I just love the personalization. I´ll keep on reading Dan Simmons.

BTW... What any other good dictionary is compatible with this app?? I´m not liking Color Dict at all...

Old 05-19-2017, 08:22 AM   #488
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Hello, I´m a new user.

Thanks>¨
No, and it's one of the reasons I stopped using it. Sent a request to the author a couple of years ago, but no interest on his part it seems.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #489
Negativo
Chosen One Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
No, and it's one of the reasons I stopped using it. Sent a request to the author a couple of years ago, but no interest on his part it seems.
So, which one are you using now? I´ve tried FBreader before...

Thanks }<
Old 05-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #490
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
So, which one are you using now? I´ve tried FBreader before...

Thanks }<
I've tried a ton of readers, but keep going back to Cool Reader. It's more responsive than FBreader, I find, particularly in page turns. Oddlly, it crashes on my GF's Samsung tablet from time to time, but has been no issue on either of my Asus tablets.

I used AlReader for a few months, but as with many of the readers, documentation is sparse.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #491
ChronoVlad
ChronoVlad began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS Fonepad 7
Hey guys what resolution needed for the "Custom Book Cover" when viewing my books because the default covers generated by Moon Reader looks so bad

Screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ea2f387b02.png
Views:	319
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	157075  

Last edited by issybird; 05-28-2017 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Oversize image thumbnailed.
ChronoVlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #492
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eischech View Post
... How can I get Local Files to recognize the external card so I can navigate to it?

Thanks --
i will point out one glitch, which I raised & discussed in the calibre companion section; moon+ likes to use a path containing /sdcard/ , an android sym link, when referring to internal storage. It will on-the-fly replace /emulated/0... with /sdcard/ when you browse for files, which makes it impossible to have the same internal storage file path in both CC and moon+
It does not affect actual sdcard storage, apart form being confusing.

I moved my books to actual external storage & had to do a one off select root to grant permissions thing[ android 6 ] in order for delete file from within moon to work.

dictionaries- if that is still under discussion - seems to be a weak point compared with , say, Bookari, where i can use google, Wikipedia... as optional defaults. colour dict + the needed data file seems an obsolete way of doing things, and a fiddly 2 or 3 part set up, but I've not dug deep as I don't have a huge need for integrated dictionary

book covers - all of mine are a thumbnails of the real covers, not those silly built in defaults. you can set side of how they display in recent, shelf, bookmarks etc in preferences. I think moon+ extracts the cover thumbnail from the book when you first open or import it ? is stores those in a hidden folder with the other metadata.

Last edited by stumped; 05-28-2017 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:56 AM   #493
stumped
Wizard

re dictionaries

http://phandroid.com/2017/01/06/moon...id-dictionary/

some options here- please leave feedback if you try them
Old 05-28-2017, 03:57 AM   #494
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
http://phandroid.com/2017/01/06/moon...id-dictionary/

some options here- please leave feedback if you try them
I've use Colordict for years. It can use Stardict dictionaries but takes some setup work.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:30 PM   #495
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I found Colordict to be a pretty good dictionary but the app is clumsy and, even though I've set it up on a number of devices, I never can seem to get it quite right. It always works. It's just clumsy in different ways on each device.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote