Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
Wilewile
Wilewile began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook odyssey
Going shutdown after 24h

Hello,

It seems that the Odyssey goes to full shutdown when not used for 24h...

As it is quite long to boot (35-40s), I would like to be able to change that delay to several days... Does someone knows a way to do it ?

Thanks

P.S.
I posted a feature request on bookeen support page, I wait for an answer.
Wilewile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
It does not seem the correct behavior (my Odyssey can be operative if it stays in sleep mode for days): it looks like your Odyssey shut down due to lack of power.

Are you sure that your Odyssey had a sufficient charge?
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Wilewile

I think so... The 2 times it happened, it was really after 24h in sleep mode, it never occurred sooner. After the restart, i was able to read without problems for some time and the battery indicator was still around 30%...

I also found on some french forum other peoples mentioning this behavior...

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/legrand...3_1.htm#t83336
Quote:
il s'éteint tout à fait si on le laisse 24 heures sans y toucher.
and the same on the orizon firmware 3.1...

http://bookeen.com/blogfr/orizon-maj...#comment-10602
Quote:
Et l’extinction totale si l’ebook n’est pas utilisée dans les dernieres 24 heures n’aide pas.
It's charging now, I'll check with a fully loaded battery.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
My odyssey acts that way too.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
It is known that the charge indicator of LiPo batteries is very rough and not accurate, so I guess this is a clue in the same direction of my initial intuition that it is a problem due to a nearly empty battery.

(BTW, it is better to give them short and frequent charges, instead of letting them discharge completely.)
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Wilewile

OK, thanks for the tip... I thought it was better to have full discharge/charge cycles...
Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, batteries don't like to be fully discharged.
Neither do they like being charged too frequently.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
This is a work as design functionnality. After 24h of sleep mode it will automatically shutdown. There is no setting for this. Nothing.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Wilewile

It's so slow to boot that it is really annoying... BTW No answer from bookeen on my "feature request"...
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilewile View Post
It's so slow to boot that it is really annoying... BTW No answer from bookeen on my "feature request"...
They are pretty slow at replying to such things. I am sure they will get back to you eventually. Not that it will help much.
They still haven't added the promised Bluetooth for the Orizon yet.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
They are pretty slow at replying to such things. I am sure they will get back to you eventually. Not that it will help much.
They still haven't added the promised Bluetooth for the Orizon yet.
Yup, i guess they won't now

I contacted bookeen because of broken odyssey button. Again ! Support seam to be back to normal delays at last.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:48 AM   #12
Wilewile

I received an answer that it was forwarded to the technical team, but that this feature is not planned yet...

In french it's called a Normand's answer (p'tet bin qu'oui, p'tet bin qu'non !