Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Disable Plugins

I can't disable any optional User Interface Action plugins

Is this a known limitation, is it just me, or is it a defect

I have a vague recollection that I did disable all optional plugins at one time.

I can disable Metadata Source plugins

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I can't disable any optional User Interface Action plugins

Is this a known limitation, is it just me, or is it a defect

I have a vague recollection that I did disable all optional plugins at one time.

I can disable Metadata Source plugins

BR
The CLI for the GUI has a No Plugin option

Code:
calibre --ignore-plugins
Ignore custom plugins, useful if you installed a plugin that is preventing calibre from starting
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I only wanted to disable one plugin - not all of them

It threw an error, and so do all the User Interface Action PI's.

Has this always been so ?

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	108881  

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-03-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I only wanted to disable one plugin - not all of them - Walk Search History
AH!
Preferences: Plugins: <find yours>: Click the disable button
Old 08-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I forgot the attachment - it throws an error!

And so do all the other optional UI plugins
Advert
Old 08-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
AH!
Preferences: Plugins: <find yours>: Click the disable button
That's what I did - AFAIK that is the only place you can disable plugins

BR
Old 08-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Probably because it is the kind that requires a Restart when installed
IMHO the button should be disabled when selected rather than throw an error...More friendly
IMHO the same should happen for plugins that don.t allow configuration: Context sensitivity, not throw an error/warning.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Probably because it is the kind that requires a Restart when installed
IMHO the button should be disabled when selected rather than throw an error...More friendly
IMHO the same should happen for plugins that don.t allow configuration: Context sensitivity, not throw an error/warning.
All I want to know is

is this an error,
is it a known limitation, or
is it unique to me

Are you able to disable any User Interface Action plugins - simple yes/no please <sigh>

BR
Old 08-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm not able to disable them either.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm not able to disable them either.
Thanks PeterT - has that always been so?

I have a vague memory of disabling them in the past, but my clear memory is often wrong so...

BR
Old 08-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not sure; I don't think I had ever tried to disable them before. Sorry!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

The only ones I have disabled recently are the ones we can't discuss and some device output drivers.

I get the same message for User Interface Action
Old 08-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I installed 8.50 portable - same error with Walk History - must be a feature - [k]not

BR
Old 08-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Looking in the source for calibre, disabling UI actions is disallowed by default.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
User interface plugins cannot be disabled, unless the plugin author explicitly marks them as being disable-able. That has always been so. Other types of plugins, like file type plugins can be disabled by default, unless the plugin author marks them as not being disable-able
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote