Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
bookjunky
bookjunky began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook lite, occasionally netbook, Kindle 3
crashing and crashing

I used calibre for a while with no problem now it crashes every single time I attempt to open it. I opened a ticket, did everything in it and even spent 2 hours re-downloading calibre.

After all that it opened the day I did the fresh install.

Now I went to open it today and the darn thing is back to crashing instead of opening. I am pretty much at my wits end. This is the software everyone recommends and it worked so well at first. I cannot spent 2 hours waiting on it to download every time I want to use it.

There is nothing wrong with my system and even the fonts are fine. please.
bookjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookjunky View Post
I used calibre for a while with no problem now it crashes every single time I attempt to open it. I opened a ticket, did everything in it and even spent 2 hours re-downloading calibre.

After all that it opened the day I did the fresh install.

Now I went to open it today and the darn thing is back to crashing instead of opening. I am pretty much at my wits end. This is the software everyone recommends and it worked so well at first. I cannot spent 2 hours waiting on it to download every time I want to use it.

There is nothing wrong with my system and even the fonts are fine. please.
You never said what O/S you are using

Calibre 7.39 was broken bad. get 7.40 if you were trying to use 39 .

Post the error message (please use the spoilers icon above) for long error lists
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
bookjunky
bookjunky began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook lite, occasionally netbook, Kindle 3
This is osx leopard. It would seem the problem was for some reason when I re downloaded calibre very recently, when it took 2 hours, it did not download the latest version. This is so frustrating to spend hours working on something like this to find out the updates failed.

Now calibre is not loading books into my device - a jetbook lite - and it was going so before.
bookjunky is offline   Reply With Quote