Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #76
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
This forum was helpful in making my decision and I thank you all. I have also enjoyed reading the various threads here. There are some real experts as well as a few loonies here. It is interesting to read from both.
Always good to have more Nook owners. Welcome to the threads!! You will find that the Nook owners on this board are very helpful and very knowledgeable about the Nook. I am sure that you will love it here.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #77
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
New NOOK (classic) owner here. It was a gift from a friend for doing a mega-amount of computer work for him. Now that I've owned it for a few weeks I've come to the conclusion that it has it's strong points and it's weak points but since I like to sit outside and read a lot the e-Ink screen is just fantastic for that!

As a tech geek and tinkerer, I'm probably going to root mine sometime this weekend just to have done it <grin>.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #78
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Well, I've been all over the Nook forum for a week or two now, so maybe it's late for introductions, but I picked up a Nook Color on Friday when they hit Staples. The screen is gorgeous and responsive, and definitely caught my little cousins' attention with the sample kids' book. I may keep a partition of the stock OS for the magazines and kids' books, and just to follow its development, but overall B&N's firmware seems like a waste of both the hardware and the Android platform. Still, with such a mod-friendly hardware configuration, it's hard to complain that, like every device tied to a store or service provider, you're better off undoing all the branding and starting from scratch.

Last edited by taosaur; 05-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #79
naguz
naguz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I just bought myself a new Nook off of ebay yesterday, and now I see they are releasing anoher one on May 24th. With my luck it's a 8" Mirasol touch screen device much more suited to my needs. :P Oh well, I hope to get much joy out of the Nook anyway. And if the new one is a Mirasol display-powered Android running beast, Iæll just have to get myself one for Christmas.
naguz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #80
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naguz View Post
I just bought myself a new Nook off of ebay yesterday, and now I see they are releasing anoher one on May 24th. With my luck it's a 8" Mirasol touch screen device much more suited to my needs. :P Oh well, I hope to get much joy out of the Nook anyway. And if the new one is a Mirasol display-powered Android running beast, Iæll just have to get myself one for Christmas.
Welcome to the forum! Did you get an eInk version or the Nook Color?
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #81
naguz
naguz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thanks.
The Nook. But if people don't normally specify Color when they talk about the color, maybe I should make a habit of calling it Nook 1, B&W or something.

Anything with an LCD screen is not a ereader in my book, it is a tablet. And with the summer coming up,I wanted something to read comfortably outside. Initially I had planned on waiting until I found the "perfect" device, but I realized that would never hppened, and so I got (or rather got my GF tp get me. :P) The B&W Nook.

It supposedly has decent audio quality, it has the neccessary functions I am looking for with the softroot an apps additions (too bad the dev community seems like it has died off a bit), and it has a decent e-ink screen even though it isn't a Perl.
naguz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #82
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook WiFI, KOBO, Pandigital Novel Personal
well, i finally got myself a nook. the e-ink, wifi only one to be precise.

I haven't done anything with it yet - but just from flipping though the manual, this thing is FAST. my pandigital novel is most likely going to my little sister, who cannot afford such things and still carries dead trees around.
mikegetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #83
jersysman
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegetz View Post
well, i finally got myself a nook. the e-ink, wifi only one to be precise.

I haven't done anything with it yet - but just from flipping though the manual, this thing is FAST. my pandigital novel is most likely going to my little sister, who cannot afford such things and still carries dead trees around.
Welcome fellow NOOKER!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #84
loumar1684
loumar1684 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
HELP
I too am having problems with youtube in my rooted Nook Color. I dl the file explorer you mentioned, but after that I was not able to follow your instructions. Where is the "menu" or the "manager"?
When I look at all the dls I can't find youtube to uninstall it. I even dl the .apk you mentioned, but I don't know what to do with it next. As you can see I need a little bit of guidance. All I wanted to do was to be able and watch youtube videos on my nook whenI do not have access to the net.
Would you help me?

Thanks
loumar1684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #85
Pengapole
Pengapole began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
I ordered my Nook Second Edition yesterday. The UPS Tracker says it will be here on Wednesday. Can't wait!! Does anyone else have a Second Edition?
Pengapole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #86
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengapole View Post
I ordered my Nook Second Edition yesterday. The UPS Tracker says it will be here on Wednesday. Can't wait!! Does anyone else have a Second Edition?
In this forum at least it's been more widely referenced as the Nook Touch, Simple Touch Reader, or STR. Scroll down and look for the "touch" label on threads, and you'll find your fellow early adopters

Welcome to MR.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #87
donnae402
donnae402 began at the beginning.

Device: astak ez reader
I am thinking about buying a nook color right now I an astek ez reader and hate it my question for you is how easy is it to download books from publishers online. I order almost exclusively from publishers online. If the Nook doesn't allow for that than I need to look at another e-reader, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
donnae402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #88
taosaur
intelligent posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnae402 View Post
I am thinking about buying a nook color right now I an astek ez reader and hate it my question for you is how easy is it to download books from publishers online. I order almost exclusively from publishers online. If the Nook doesn't allow for that than I need to look at another e-reader, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
What do you mean, you go to specific publishers' websites and download books? I suppose that would be possible via the web-browser, and you could read them on the Nook Color as long as they're epub or pdf.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #89
edellafo
Kweenevai
edellafo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Newbie Nook Color

Just got my new Nook Color for my birthday and I cant tell you how much I love it, I had to remember it is a reader (lol) although I love all of the features with the Pandora, ablility to ready files and spreadsheet with the purchase of QUICKOFFICE. I must admit after looking at the Ipad and having this I am so glad I got the Nook, I have purchased so many new things, from laptops to cell phone, androids etc but nothing has brought me more pleasure than the ability to turn off the computer and just read. I find myself on the train laughing loudly while reading wondering if people just thing I am crazy. Anyways, happy reading.
edellafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #90
jersysman
Wizard

For the new users, welcome to the world of Nookdom!!!

@edellafo ignore those people who think you crazy. You go ahead and continue to laugh and carry on about the pleasure you are getting from your Nook even as they slap you into a straitjacket and carry you away!