Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
latest version for Ubuntu

how do i update the program for Ubuntu (Jaunty release)? install gave me ver 0.4.143
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
Knipfty
Enthusiast
Knipfty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Kindle PC/Kindle BB
Strike what I wrote, I misunderstood the question.

Last edited by Knipfty; 01-15-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Knipfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lago View Post
how do i update the program for Ubuntu (Jaunty release)? install gave me ver 0.4.143
I don't believe you can update to the newest versions through Ubuntu's official repositories. You need to go the official site and follow the instructions from there.

http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
But be awre that newer builds of calibre require glibc 2.10 which IIRC is not installed by default on ubuntu < 9.10
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
Lago
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
But be awre that newer builds of calibre require glibc 2.10 which IIRC is not installed by default on ubuntu < 9.10
would that explain why it keeps freezing?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 13, in <module>
import setup.commands as commands
File "/home/cathal/calibre/calibre/setup/commands.py", line 28, in <module>
from setup.translations import POT, GetTranslations, Translations, ISO639
File "/home/cathal/calibre/calibre/setup/translations.py", line 14, in <module>
from setup.build_environment import pyqt
File "/home/cathal/calibre/calibre/setup/build_environment.py", line 12, in <module>
from PyQt4 import pyqtconfig
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PyQt4/pyqtconfig.py", line 37, in <module>
import sipconfig
ImportError: No module named sipconfig
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're trying to build from source, to do that you need various dependencies and the -dev packages corresponding to them as well.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Lago
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You're trying to build from source, to do that you need various dependencies and the -dev packages corresponding to them as well.
the problem is, according to what im reading here http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux , and my perusal of my package manager, i dont have access to the versions requested.

is there a repository that i can use to build these dependencies? i seemingly cannot use the .tar.bz2 files.

if it weren't for the rapid evolution of this program, id say throw everything into a CD image, so that it could be burned, and used as a cd repository, but i digress.. all this said, its really nice of you guys to develop this program, its sad that its necessary..

Last edited by Lago; 01-15-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not that I know of, but I'm no ubuntu guru (I use gentoo)