Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 07:12 AM   #871
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think we are at a point were we need to see a sample book. Or, you can try one. Attached is a screenshot taken from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=178155 on my Glo HD. The margins are even.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	233
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	155864  
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:19 AM   #872
ssurneed
ssurneed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How does the book look if you view it in ADE and Calibre's eBook viewer?
I did not use the caliber before.
I downloaded, installed, downloaded the same book.

P.S. It looks normal, without defects.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	155865  

Last edited by ssurneed; 03-29-2017 at 08:27 AM.
ssurneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #873
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssurneed View Post
I did not use the caliber before.
I downloaded, installed, downloaded the same book.

Spoiler:

P.S. It looks normal, without defects.
You need to fix the link.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #874
ssurneed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think we are at a point were we need to see a sample book. Or, you can try one. Attached is a screenshot taken from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=178155 on my Glo HD. The margins are even.
On your book, the indents are the same.

Try and you my book...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170329_153235_.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	613.3 KB
ID:	155866  
Attached Files
File Type: epub KKKristi_Gonchaya-smerti.159159.fb2.epub (318.2 KB, 188 views)
Old 03-29-2017, 08:39 AM   #875
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
On your book, the indents are the same.

Try and you my book...
I may have just figured out the problem. Turn off the ADE page numbers in the right margin. They could be causing the problem.

Go to SETTINGS and then READING SETTINGS and uncheck SHOW ADOBE EPUB PAGE NUMBERS:.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:45 AM   #876
ssurneed

Quote:
I may have just figured out the problem. Turn off the ADE page numbers in the right margin. They could be causing the problem.

Go to SETTINGS and then READING SETTINGS and uncheck SHOW ADOBE EPUB PAGE NUMBERS:.
I have long since turned off this setting. It does not affect.
Just checked again with a reboot even.

P.S. Now I'm beginning to think that the problem is in Russian lang ...

Last edited by ssurneed; 03-29-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #877
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I have long since turned off this setting. It does not affect.
Just checked again with a reboot even.

P.S. Now I'm beginning to think that the problem is in Russian lang ...
No, you didn't turn that off. In your lost photo, there is a clear number 21 in the right side of the screen.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #878
ssurneed

Quote:
No, you didn't turn that off. In your lost photo, there is a clear number 21 in the right side of the screen.
I agree. I forgot to turn it off after the morning reset and update. But still does not affect ((
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170329_155946.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	657.3 KB
ID:	155868   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170329_160001.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	155869  
Old 03-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #879
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@ssurneed,

The problem is the HTML for each of your chapters has
Code:
<body class="z">
and the matching CSS style is
Code:
.z {
	font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;
	margin-right: 8pt;
}
Consequently your right margin is larger than your left.

Either remove the red line or change the CSS to
Code:
.z {
	font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;
	margin-left: 0;
        margin-right: 0;
}
ETA: ... and my advice, if you don't like the ebook styling as provided by the ebook vendor, your best option is to learn a little HTML/CSS so you can fix this sort of problem yourself.

Last edited by jackie_w; 03-29-2017 at 10:36 AM. Reason: ETA
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:32 AM   #880
ssurneed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@ssurneed,
The problem is the HTML for each of your chapters has
Yes, you seem right, thank you.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:46 AM   #881
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ssurneed: Something I noticed when I looked at the book in the editor is that there are to statements in each chapter linking the stylesheet. I don't think it will be a problem, but it might make it harder to debug something like this.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:14 AM   #882
Tom8o
Tom8o began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Using a Glo HD. In the last few days, the font face selection list (that appears when you're changing the font while reading) has displayed all fonts in italics. It doesn't do this anywhere else. The text is even correct when I just bring up the text options from the Reading Menu. I tried several things, such as deleting the .DS_STORE file in G:\\fonts and deleting the italic versions of my sideloaded fonts, to no avail. Nothing works. Didn't find anyone else with the problem either.

Quote:
The issue occurs when I touch the "Font Face" option in this menu, but like the picture, the font appears correctly before I open the list.
Tom8o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:49 PM   #883
waitinonanoob10
waitinonanoob10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (First Edition)
Problem highlighting multi-page quotes.

I'm having a problem highlighting multi-page quotes in books that I import via Calibre. On Kobo books, It's really easy to highlight, but on imported books, it's much more difficult. Is this an issue with the software, or the formatting of my books? (All that I have books are epub)
waitinonanoob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:22 AM   #884
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinonanoob10 View Post
I'm having a problem highlighting multi-page quotes in books that I import via Calibre. On Kobo books, It's really easy to highlight, but on imported books, it's much more difficult. Is this an issue with the software, or the formatting of my books? (All that I have books are epub)
Sorry, highlighting across pages is not supported for epubs. It is only supported for kepubs. You can use calibre to send books as kepubs to the device either by using KoboTouchExtended driver or converting to kepubs first using the Kepub Output plugin.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:36 AM   #885
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Hi guys, I have a KA1 and I noticed this strange thing: under the last line my KA1 shows a series of dots. The book is an epub converted in kepub via calibre. There's a way to fix this?
Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20170519_092752.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	854.5 KB
ID:	156862   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170519_092749.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	950.4 KB
ID:	156863  
aklenatlus is offline   Reply With Quote