Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #76
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Good old censorship, what would we do without you ? we'd be free I guess ...

Yeah I guess this issue is in itself worth its own thread. However somebody else please feel free to start it in the appropriate section. I have said all I needed in this thread already.
Let's just agree to disagree.

Oh one last thing perhaps more on the topic of this thread, Orson Scott Card:
I have not read his work that started this thread and if I did I might disagree with him if his intent is indeed just basely homophobic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Please start a new thread in the P&R Forum as suggested by Harry. That forum is more liberally moderated so we'll be more able to point out your bigotry without fear of being censured by the mods.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #77
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenunya View Post
I did not read this thread all the way though but I noticed someone mentioned a change in his demeanor in the past several years. Did anyone mention about his stroke (I think it was a stroke) he had? Personalities very often change after such events. Same for heart attacks. I won't let his views alter my enjoyment of his writing.
OSC's stroke only occurred this past January - he's been making homophobic rants on the Internet since at least 2004 (see the link in my last post).

Which is why I suggested undiagnosed Alzheimer's - a man who can go from 'Songmaster' to that rant in a few short years has had something happen to him.

And while I may be sorry for him (which I am), I'm not, unlike Harry, obligated to give financial support to people I strongly disagree with in order to support 'free speech.'

Mr. Card is entitled to his speech, I'm entitled to mine.

He's not entitled to my money any more than I'm entitled to his.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #78
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post

Yeah I guess this issue is in itself worth its own thread. However somebody else please feel free to start it in the appropriate section. I have said all I needed in this thread already.

I have not read his work that started this thread and if I did I might disagree with him if his intent is indeed just basely homophobic.
Hmmm...I guess you don't feel that strongly then, giving your wussing out of raising it as its own thread. We'll certainly agree to disagree
Old 09-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #79
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Quexos,

Please start a new thread in the P&R forum if you want to discuss the rights and wrongs of homosexuality; that's the appropriate place for it.

Thanks.
Thanks Harry. This thread probably should have started there. My bad.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #80
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:

It's censorship to tell you to put your remarks in the appropriate place?

Wow, you learn something new everyday.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #81
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
No, because in all those cases those organisations DO things that you disagree with. All Mr. Card seems to have done is to say that he personally disapproves of certain things. There is a fundamental difference. If you're saying that you're not going to buy Mr. Card's books because he doesn't think the same way that you do, aren't you bring just as bigoted as he is?
He has advocated throwing gay people in jail for being gay. That's enough DOing for me. Regardless, I still won't give money to bigots, no matter what.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #82
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you trying to flame me into the continuation of this debate in another thread ? At this point we'd both be only using tautology in any subsequent post in that other new thread. I'm not sure that would be productive.

Or do I misconstrue your reply here ?

Quote:
Hmmm...I guess you don't feel that strongly then, giving your wussing out of raising it as its own thread. We'll certainly agree to disagree
Old 09-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #83
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Are you trying to flame me into the continuation of this debate in another thread ? At this point we'd both be only using tautology in any subsequent post in that other new thread. I'm not sure that would be productive.

Or do I misconstrue your reply here ?
Not flaming, merely encouraging you to further explain your homophobic nonsense in a forum where it can be more properly ridiculed. Of course, if you have no confidence in your arguments.......
Old 09-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #84
Quexos
Member Retired

The censorship remark was a general remark, not specific.

But Flame on and on ...

... and on

Give it a rest (everybody please) before this whole thing gets really censored or deleted or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
It's censorship to tell you to put your remarks in the appropriate place?

Wow, you learn something new everyday.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #85
Quexos
Member Retired

homophobic ? nonsense ? ridiculed ?
Dude when you lower your pants so that another dude can put it in your pooper you lose the right to tell others about "ridicule" and thus you are a nonsense to nature.
But you are blind to any argument that does not go your way, by condemning right here whatever could be argued in that other thread, you made such a new thread an immediate waste of time for everyone. It is you who can't argue against the logic explained here. So instead of inviting to an exchange of ideas and probable disagreements, you flame by deciding beforehand of that other new thread's fate and conclusion.
You are just as ignorant and prejudiced as those who criminalize gays but on the opposite side of the issue. Guys like you would have me thrown in jail or put to death if you had the power to do so just because my ideas are opposite to yours. You are no better than those you attack.

At this point if calling me homophobic is a thorn up your "behind" (pun intended) I'll take it as a compliment.

Quote:
Not flaming, merely encouraging you to further explain your homophobic nonsense in a forum where it can be more properly ridiculed. Of course, if you have no confidence in your arguments.......
Old 09-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #86
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
homophobic ? nonsense ? ridiculed ?
Dude when you lower your pants so that another dude can put it in your pooper you lose the right to tell others about "ridicule" and thus you are a nonsense to nature.
But you are blind to any argument that does not go your way, by condemning right here whatever could be argued in that other thread, you made such a new thread an immediate waste of time for everyone. It is you who can't argue against the logic explained here. So instead of inviting to an exchange of ideas and probable disagreements, you flame by deciding beforehand of that other new thread's fate and conclusion.
You are just as ignorant and prejudiced as those who criminalize gays but on the opposite side of the issue. Guys like you would have me thrown in jail or put to death if you had the power to do so just because my ideas are opposite to yours. You are no better than those you attack.

At this point if calling me homophobic is a thorn up your "behind" (pun intended) I'll take it as a compliment.
I don't believe that I need to say any more once people have read your quoted post.

My work here is done, like so many f**kwits, you have managed to condemn yourself through your own words.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #87
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post
Ron

Homosexuality is rife in the 'natural' world. It is found in monkeys, mice, squirrels and etc. Amongst other things homosexuality, like increased violence in crowded conditions, reduces population. Yup, it's a very 'natural' condition.
and i thought that's the point i was making in my post....
Old 09-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #88
Quexos
Member Retired

LOL you are one of a kind (or rather not, which is what makes the world a sad place to live)
Now boy if you'll excuse me, my girl wants me off the computer so that I can join her.
Oops clumsy me, would you like me to explain what a girl is
loser !

Quote:
I don't believe that I need to say any more once people have read your quoted post.

My work here is done, like so many f**kwits, you have managed to condemn yourself through your own words.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #89
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
LOL you are one of a kind (or rather not, which is what makes the world a sad place to live)
Now boy if you'll excuse me, my girl wants me off the computer so that I can join her.
Oops clumsy me, would you like me to explain what a girl is
loser !
Oh dear, how pathetic. If you weren't such a scumbag I'd almost feel sorry for you. I suppose that plays well to your fellow 12 year olds though!

I presume by 'girl' you mean 'mummy'. Is it bed time for precious little boys? Don't let me stop you, and do let us know when you have your first sexual experience beyond a wet dream.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #90
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quexos,

Please start a new thread in the P&R forum if you want to discuss the rights and wrongs of homosexuality; that's the appropriate place for it.

Thanks.
Moderator Notice
Stop it, now!

A Moderator has already requested (see above) starting a new thread in P&R if you want to discuss the rights and wrongs of homosexuality.

But even there you will not be welcome to fling insults at each other. You can consider this a first and last warning.

Marc
Closed Thread