Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #31
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Perhaps I was too subtle in my plea for Karma?!
I'm afraid it backfired on you. I mean, who knows what you would do if you had that much Karma?! It's a huge responsibility because people expect you to continue to be awesome. Nyssa handles it well, but I don't know if you're ready.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleliekelly View Post
teletubbies should have been in a stephen king novel NOT a children's program although, once had a wiggles cd on repeat for the entire trip from maine to upstate new york and and still have nightmares where i wake up yelling "fruit salad yummy, yummy"......:eek: my therapist wont discuss it with me says it is too twisted for his practice.
You know that was their plan all along!

My kids liked the Wiggles (and loved that song), but thankfully didn't get obsessive about it.

Quote:
Perhaps I was too subtle in my plea for Karma?!
Naw, it worked - on me any way. A "thank you" for making me laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm afraid it backfired on you. I mean, who knows what you would do if you had that much Karma?! It's a huge responsibility because people expect you to continue to be awesome. Nyssa handles it well, but I don't know if you're ready.
Awww! Thanks CWN!

Uh Oh, I may have contributed tho the delinquency of a Karma-minor!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #33
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Also, the rules say no foot stomping until 700,000.....
Oh really?? Interesting, because you don't get a copy of the rulebook until you hit 500,000.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #34
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Oh really?? Interesting, because you don't get a copy of the rulebook until you hit 500,000.
Don't tell anyone, but with the help of Apprentice Alf and Calibre, I have a copy! Muwahahah!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #35
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Don't tell anyone, but with the help of Apprentice Alf and Calibre, I have a copy! Muwahahah!
Hm. And you waited until AFTER you got the Karma before revealing that. Sneaky. I'll be keeping an eye on you, Sharkie.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #36
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Does anyone object to me asking a mod to move this to the lounge? Cuz it really belongs there at this point, and it might live a happier life there.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #37
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-600, MOTOROLA PHOTON & Toshiba Thrive
Quote:
Does anyone object to me asking a mod to move this to the lounge? Cuz it really belongs there at this point, and it might live a happier life there.
brilliant idea mr rogers and the rest of the clan would thank you
jleliekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #38
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
brilliant idea mr rogers and the rest of the clan would thank you
Okay JellyBelly, since you created this monster, go to your first post in this thread, click the teeny blue button with the exclamation point next to the Karma button, and type "Can you please move this thread to the Lounge? Thanks!" in the box and submit. (It always looks better coming from the original poster.)
Old 06-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #39
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay JellyBelly, since you created this monster, go to your first post in this thread, click the teeny blue button with the exclamation point next to the Karma button, and type "Can you please me this thread to the Lounge? Thanks!" in the box and submit. (It always looks better coming from the original poster.)
i am on it.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #40
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
i am on it.
Haha - you got it before I fixed the typo - "can you please me" was NOT what I intended to write.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #41
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.

Quote:
Haha - you got it before I fixed the typo - "can you please me" was NOT what I intended to write.
lol no worries i did not use a direct quote ...although me being a newbie it would have been really funny.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #42
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Welcome! I was a newbie back in December and I felt the same way when I found this place. It shows, too, because I don't think I've lasted for longer than 100 posts on any other forum and here I already have over 800.

Since my brain is having trouble resolving your user name, every time I see it, I see "jellybelly". But since I like jelly beans, it's not a bad thing. Other users have fared far worse in my interpretations. I still think of DiapDealer as a guy selling diapers door-to-door. (Shhh... don't tell him.)

Now, I must go before the rabbit sees me.

Edited to add: I still think of vampire bunnies every time I see celery.
Ooops. I think you just did, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
If you start singing "won't you be my neighbor and putting on a sweater, I'm running for the hills!!!
Me too!!

Quote:
Really? Where's mine, then?? Ohhh Mods??? LOL.

Welcome, Miss JellyBelly Jen. (and now you've been renamed...). It's a pretty nice place, but you have to watch out for the Llounge Llamas (of which I am one, so take what I say with the according grain or shaker of salt), and the insane gibbons. Pull up a chair and have a Zany Carter Deluxe (see my tag to the left...). Don't worry about the time shifts, they're an expected side effect of the ZCD, you learn to enjoy them. Really. *grin*. And if I haven't scared you off yet, be sure and check out our Patricia Clark Memorial Library, filled with public domain works lovingly edited/proofed/formatted by some dedicated members.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #43
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
lol no worries i did not use a direct quote ...although me being a newbie it would have been really funny.
LOL Yes, it would have been. After I posted, I looked at it, looked at it again, and said, "wait, that's not right..." I think it's a sign that I'm spending too much time on MR.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #44
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Ooops. I think you just did, LOL.
Well, that post was nice and buried until NOW. Thanks a bunch.

Quote:
Really? Where's mine, then?? Ohhh Mods??? LOL.
According to your avatar, you're sitting on it.

Quote:
Welcome, Miss JellyBelly Jen. (and now you've been renamed...).
Uh oh, I think I started something...

Quote:
It's a pretty nice place, but you have to watch out for the Llounge Llamas (of which I am one, so take what I say with the according grain or shaker of salt), and the insane gibbons.
You know Shel's awesome - she's mastered multi-quoting.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #45
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.

Uh oh, I think I started something..

Lol, I work in social services i wish that was ALL i had ever been called.

JBJ