Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 12-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Thank You, Laurens!

I just downloaded the latest version of Sunrise XP and I see that there will be no more updates. Sad to see that, but it's very understandable. I can't begin to imagine the amount of work that went into creating this wonderful piece of software.

I will say without hesitation that the combination of Sunrise XP and Plucker is unquestionably the most valuable freeware I've ever had the pleasure to use. And will be using for a long time to come.

So thank you, Laurens, for a job well done!
Old 12-20-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
PippoPippini
PippoPippini began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM
So thank you, Laurens, for a job well done!
Here's my thanks also.

With your program I discovered an entire new world, and my commuting time now is full of newspapers reading.

Gaetano
Advert
Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
smokey
Banned
smokey began at the beginning.

I could not agree more!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Jupiter
Jupiter began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne Zire 31
First of all, thanks for Sunrise. Now curious, why'd you decide to halt development?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Thanks everyone for the thanks! :-) I haven't done much development over the past 8 months anyway. I think it's good enough as it is - even considering the issues that remain - and it's time to move on to other things. I'm not even using it myself anymore.
Advert
Old 12-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #6
Dick Tracy
Detective
Dick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura about

For lack of anything better to say, I have to agree 100% with DTM.

I wish you well in your new endeavours Laurens.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Ive got a question: what's nupaper? The name sounds oddly familiar, but google won't tell me anything except that some employee submitted some bug report to microsoft (no, seriously, there's four pages on it straight and in different languages: David Warden, de NuPaper Inc., por informar de un problema descrito en MS06-052).

Last edited by alex_d; 12-21-2006 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:23 AM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
NuPaper is the working title for the new application for Sony Reader content. See the thread on Sunrise XP in the Reader forum.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #9
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Wow, Laurens, I'm a little late checking in on this forum, but I have to echo the others. Your jPluck, Sunrise, and SunriseXP programs have all been wonderful. I doubt I would have stuck with Plucker as long as I did if it wasn't for your software.

I wish you all the greatest luck with your new endeavor and hope we keep seeing your yellow Lab avatar!
Old 12-23-2006, 01:23 AM   #10
Alanbe
Alanbe began at the beginning.

Think I'm gonna cry

I bought a used TX on ebay a couple months ago (it works great), started reading these forums, learned about SunriseXP and Plucker from all you good people, am just starting to get good with it (I love it, love it, love it), and now I read Laurens is suspending development. Whaaaaa!

If I were a rich man I would pay Laurens to stay home and continue this work, but alas...

Thanks for a great program Laurens- I will continue to use it as long as my device holds out.

Alan
Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
divirtual
divirtual doesn't litterdivirtual doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650
Laurens, I'll add my thanks as well.

I'm sorry that you won't be continuing to support this software, because I've found it to an extremely helpful way to keep on top of my reading.

I go back to the original Sunrise version -- I think that I may have even used it on a Palm IIIxe -- but it's when I moved to the Palm TX and the world of blogging opened up, Sunrise XP fit the bill. When I lost the Palm TX and got a Treo 650, I discovered that it's still a lot more convenient to use Sunrise XP and read with Plucker than to attempt the surf the web on handheld device.

Of course, each of us has limited time in our lives, so I wish you well on your new project.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:03 PM   #12
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast
NonSkidSurface began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T/X, Treo 700p
Me too, Laurens! Thanks for the best app ever, in my opinion. It is my most-used program and it continues to amaze me.