Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #1
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Page turn area setting in Koreader

In Coolreader you can set touchscreen command for 9 separate areas. In my e-reader I set everything other than the bottom-middle area as next-page so that I can turn pages easily using both my right and left hand.

Is there any way to set similar page turn setup in Koreader? As far as I know in setting you can set x, y, and height, but I can only manage a big area on the right side for next-page and a very small area on the left side for previous-page.

Any setup to make both the rightmost and leftmost touch-screen area as next-page (and any other part as previous-page) will work too.

Thank you.

Last edited by crimsonsnow; 01-16-2018 at 08:54 AM.
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
From /.adds/koreader/defaults.lua:

-- customizable tap zones(rectangles)
-- x: x coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen width
-- y: y coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen height
-- w: width of tap zone in proportion of screen width
-- h: height of tap zone in proportion of screen height
DTAP_ZONE_MENU = {x = 1/8, y = 0, w = 3/4, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_CONFIG = {x = 1/8, y = 7/8, w = 3/4, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_MINIBAR = {x = 0, y = 15/16, w = 1, h = 1/16}
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {x = 1/4, y = 0, w = 3/4, h = 1}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/4, h = 1}
DTAP_ZONE_BOOKMARK = {x = 7/8, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_FLIPPING = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_NEXT_CHAPTER = {x = 6/8, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_PREV_CHAPTER = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Also, just to mention, it may be easier for someone (it is to me), you don't need to use 1/8, 1/16, 15/16 etc, you could use decimal values, like 0.9, 0.95, 0.1 etc.

Anyway, koreader really enables you to set your tap zones the way you like them to be. I'm pretty happy with my setup. Big area for next page, and small border areas for everything else, so basically I don't need to "aim" much for next page, only for other functions, which makes it easy, as next page is most common function, all others are rare and it is not big problem to pay a bit more attention.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #4
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
From /.adds/koreader/defaults.lua:

-- customizable tap zones(rectangles)
-- x: x coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen width
-- y: y coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen height
-- w: width of tap zone in proportion of screen width
-- h: height of tap zone in proportion of screen height
DTAP_ZONE_MENU = {x = 1/8, y = 0, w = 3/4, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_CONFIG = {x = 1/8, y = 7/8, w = 3/4, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_MINIBAR = {x = 0, y = 15/16, w = 1, h = 1/16}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/4, h = 1}
DTAP_ZONE_BOOKMARK = {x = 7/8, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DTAP_ZONE_FLIPPING = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_NEXT_CHAPTER = {x = 6/8, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_PREV_CHAPTER = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 2/8, h = 2/8}

Luck;
Ken
Thank you for this! I got the rough idea for which variable to edit, but this exact list is definitely better to check what to change and to what.

Is the order of the setting affect the tap zone? (As in if we set the parameters and a zone belong to more than one command, does the last one override the previous one?

For an extreme example, if we set
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 1/4, y = 0, w = 3/4, h = 1}
Do we end up not having a next-page area or previous-page area? If I infer from the original setting, the top one wins?
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Also, just to mention, it may be easier for someone (it is to me), you don't need to use 1/8, 1/16, 15/16 etc, you could use decimal values, like 0.9, 0.95, 0.1 etc.

Anyway, koreader really enables you to set your tap zones the way you like them to be. I'm pretty happy with my setup. Big area for next page, and small border areas for everything else, so basically I don't need to "aim" much for next page, only for other functions, which makes it easy, as next page is most common function, all others are rare and it is not big problem to pay a bit more attention.
Thank you! I can work with both, but I think fraction works better for me.

The ultimate ease in deciding the tap zones is both very helpful and overwhelming, you can tinker even for the 1/nth part of the screen (I guess if you have larger screen you can set area smaller than 1/16), but if you're not careful the possibility to mess something up is higher too.

Last edited by crimsonsnow; 01-16-2018 at 10:11 PM.
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Yeah, some kind of tap/gesture manager is one of those difficult long-term goals.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsnow View Post
I guess if you have larger screen you can set area smaller than 1/16
You can go as small as you want. And in case if area is too small for you, you can always edit file and correct to working values.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #7
favero_
Enthusiast
favero_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Is it possible to invert the page turn buttons too?

Thanks!
favero_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:38 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@favero_: Top Menu > Gear Tab (I think? ) > Navigation > Invert page turn buttons
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 04:53 PM   #9
geoslake
geoslake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT & Kobo Aura
Hi guys, that is not crystal clear to me.
I managed to set my forward/backward zones to my liking (bottom 2/3 is forward, top 1/3 is backward.
I would like to keep the bookmark gesture (touch the small bottom right corner region) and the swipe down or/and up to get the menu, and disable all of the other gestures.
Could someone please help me out ?

Thanks
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
See this pretty picture for a visual aid.

All of these colored zones are individual DTAP_ZONE_* constants, manually tweakable in the Advanced settings menu (Tools > More tools > Advanced settings).

The only thing that has a slightly user-friendlier toggle are the four corners (in cyan), which you can disable (set to Nothing) in the Gesture Manager (Gear > Taps and gestures > Gesture manager).

If you want to *disable* some of the other regions, you'll have to set them to an empty rectangle (e.g., x=0, y=0, w=0, h=0).

Note that tap and swipe zones use the same setting, so you can't, say, disable taps but allow swipes, or vice versa.
With a singular exception: the top and bottom menus (Gear > Taps and Gesture > Activate menu).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote