Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #42151
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I just had an American customer throw a temper tantrum because none of the light fixtures have an American plug. And that we don't stock 110 volt decorative light bulbs. She got personal and told me my cleavage was showing indecently (?!). I almost had to physically kick her out.

Luckily the weather's great and most customers are happy.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Didja tell her that she was just jealous?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:49 PM   #42152
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Didja tell her that she was just jealous?

Hitch
I just laughed. Most likely she's insecure about hers, but I'm very comfortable with mine (though they do get in the way sometimes).

My boobs are the type that show cleavage unless I wear a turtleneck shirt. I detest turtlenecks, and I don't care to show some cleavage. There isn't much to see anyways, since I like comfy bras that have good cover. So even when I bend forwards when wearing a loose shirt there isn't much to see. Though there are enough people who get offended when they are reminded of the existence of bras. But that's their problem not mine, IMHO whatever size you got, if you want to flaunt them go right ahead.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:32 PM   #42153
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Many congratulations! Paris for the honeymoon?
Thanks. I wish it could be even a short distance away. Lisa likes the idea of going to Door county, but we currently don't have a way to get even out of town. Still it's the reason not the destination that's important.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:33 PM   #42154
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
. Congratulations! And you're right, so long as your fiancée and you are happy, that's all that matters.
Thank you Biblo1967.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:38 PM   #42155
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
That's what we're trying to do for over five years now. Last year we gave in to his demand of €20000 because after five years we were fed up with the whole thing. We did demand that deducted from it was the money he stole from my grandmother (sex dating sites, various insurances, etc) and he would have gotten €7000. He did initially agreed to that but backed out of it on the deadline date.

We could have asked the judge to uphold this agreement but decided against it and instead we added the claim of over €70000 for him to pay us, those are all the costs of five years of court procedures, mediation and other legal costs.
So instead of him getting any $ he will owe you. Sounds like he will deserve it if things go that way. Of course he sounds the sort to drag it out with appeals etc. to delay having to pay even after he is found to owe something. My sympathies for your troubles Rumpelteazer.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:34 AM   #42156
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
So instead of him getting any $ he will owe you. Sounds like he will deserve it if things go that way. Of course he sounds the sort to drag it out with appeals etc. to delay having to pay even after he is found to owe something. My sympathies for your troubles Rumpelteazer.
Thank you. If the judges approves our claim (and it's a big if) we know that there is little chance we get that money. Unless my uncle wins the lottery, since he hasn't got much money. But it's nice to have that hanging over his head. Yes, that sounds mean, but after almost six years of having a chance to lose your home and business (an over 100 year old family business) it feels like justice that he has something similar hanging over his head.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:58 AM   #42157
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Clearing up my paperwork from court yesterday and getting ready to have walk-in hours at the domestic violence shelter.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #42158
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Clearing up my paperwork from court yesterday and getting ready to have walk-in hours at the domestic violence shelter.
Sounds like a good cause to support.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:58 AM   #42159
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Sounds like a good cause to support.
Not so much a cause - it's my full-time job. I only do legal representation for victims of domestic violence.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM   #42160
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Wondering how I could have bought 46 ebooks this month. And then I look back and I find out how. (20 magazines back issues and 15 programming books do tend to bump up the numbers).
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?