Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 04:16 AM   #1
Hamsky
Hamsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo H2O
How to disable WiFi forever?

Dear all,

I love KOReader on my two KOBOS, but!! there is a minor issue - i can not figure how to disable WiFi and all network forever on this beautiful reader (not turn on/off, but fully disable, so nothing in this world will enable WiFi on my Kobo)!

I feel this useless network is draining my battery...

Please help!
Hamsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
If it's off, it's off, nothing will ever turn it on without your consent.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #3
Hamsky

Then why when I exit KOReader it askes me to turn WiFi off?

Also checkbox in menu is Active, and when i try to off it, it asks to enable WiFi.

Very confusing.

"Crying for the times, when WiFi was hard switchable off by switch or books had no network"
Old 02-08-2019, 01:06 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You may have enabled "Automatically restore Wi-Fi connection after resume" at one point?

EDIT: Gah. It's on by default -_-".

Which KOReader version are you running? There have been various tweaks regarding the accuracy of the "Wi-Fi" checkbox recently .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-08-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
Hamsky

I have the most recent version - 2019.02, and of course i have "Automatically restore Wi-Fi connection after resume" set to OFF.

Really very strange, that I have to turn WiFi on to disable it. Strange logic :-)))
Old 02-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Okay, that's stranger. Does it happen on both of your devices?

How do you launch KOReader? Which FW version are they running?
Do you happen to have USBNet enabled?
Old 02-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

A few other remarks: (forgetting about "Automatically restore Wi-Fi connection after resume"), we don't touch WiFi *at all* on startup:

if it was off, it stays off
if it was on, it stays on
if it was broken, it stays broken

That last point may be what's happening here (which is why I asked how you were launching KOReader).

EDIT: Tomorrow's nightly *may* alleviate some of these inconsistencies.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-08-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #8
Hamsky

I launch KOReader from KSM (with "0-delay" of course :-)

So when I power on both my Aura - only KOReader appear.

(really could be good if KOReader in some future could be accessible as USB flash drive, then it will be perfect)

The thing is only on my Aura 6". On Aura H20 - no problems (wifi checkbox stays off)

PS: Also guys, I really want to donate for such a great software my $5, but can not find donation page. Want my beloved reader to live.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #9
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsky View Post
I launch KOReader from KSM (with "0-delay" of course :-)

So when I power on both my Aura - only KOReader appear.
Disable wifi on start up by selecting: "tools" > "ksm diverse.msh" > "auto enable wifi off.sh", as recommended in the first post of the KSM 9 thread under "Recommendations".
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #10
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watchpazos is clearly one to watch

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsky View Post
PS: Also guys, I really want to donate for such a great software my $5, but can not find donation page. Want my beloved reader to live.
I wanted that too, but it seems difficult to handle donations as a community. In the meantime you can donate to other people working hard on ereaders, like baskerville, sergevl12 or even buggins. As individuals they provide donation pages and I'm sure they will be pleased too.

donate to Baskerville: https://github.com/baskerville/plato (bottom of the page)
donate to Sergey: http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?...oject_donation
donate to Buggins; buy Coolreader donation on playstore or contact the author.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:03 AM   #11
Hamsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Disable wifi on start up by selecting: "tools" > "ksm diverse.msh" > "auto enable wifi off.sh", as recommended in the first post of the KSM 9 thread under "Recommendations".
Thank you! That worked like a charm! The WiFi checkbox is finally off!!!!