Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
read4t2
read4t2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Calibre e-book viewer contents display [issue][help]

Hi, I have an issue with the ebook viewer on my local installation where the contents page renders at the top left of the primary display and cannot be moved. (please see the attached image)

I am not sure if this was caused by a change in the settings as I have been unable to find one or make any changes to the way it is being displayed. I am also not sure if I've made any changes to the settings that might be causing this. The only changes made to the installation is the updates (I'm currently on v3.37 x64)

Installing Calibre on another computer using the same installer does not cause the same behavior on the table of contents in the viewer - it is displayed in a window that can be independently moved and closed.

Kindly help me get the table of contents back to normal on my ebook viewer. Thanks very much in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-Contests-issue.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	169602  
read4t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
That floating TOC panel has a title header labeled 'Table of Contents' - just double-click it and it should go back to its default position.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Was that the full screen? There should be that titlebar that Jackie mentioned.
Double clicking docks it. But you might like the Floated version like I do.

It seems it some how got convinced to Be a full screen (height), which anchors in the corner

If you can't get to the titlebar (now missing a Top monitor)

set the focus to the TOC pane . Use Alt-<space> Move , then the arrow keys to move the titlebar into view
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #4
read4t2
read4t2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thumbs up 'Alt+Space' to move title into focus did the trick!

Thanks, jackie_w : I guess the main issue I faced was moving the ToC around. I was unable to move it when I moved the e-book viewer to another window. (The window's titlebar was rendered out of the plane of view).

Thanks, theducks : I was able to move the floating ToC window using the 'Alt+Space' trick. I like the floated version as well, but I was unable to get it out of the way when I wanted to use that monitor to display another window (dual-monitor setup) and view the ebook on the secondary display.

I am now able to move the ToC window around. I also did not know about the double-click-to-dock-the-ToC trick. I think it will come in useful when I read with the viewer maximized. Thanks very much for the super-prompt help
read4t2 is offline   Reply With Quote