Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Thumbnail images missing in Kindle KT3 after transfer from Calibre

Hello!

I'm using the latest Calibre version, 3.23, on Ubuntu Linux, 14.04.

I have Kindles Paperwhite(PW1) and Basic(KT3).

I find that .mobi and .azw3 books transferred from Calibre to Kindle KT3 don't show their thumbnails. There is only the default book icon.

I don't face this issue on the PW1. All the thumbnails show the cover image.

I didn't face this issue earlier with the KT3. All the transferred books(.mobi, .azw3) show their cover images.

Looks like a recent version of Calibre has introduced this bug. When I transfer books which used to show their cover image earlier, they too now show the book icon. So, maybe some problem in the book transfer module.

Anybody else face this? And, of course, any fix or workaround?
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to the Kindle driver in calibre in years, other than incresingthe size of the cover thumbnail to accomodate newer devices. It could be that your KT3 is not able to handle the larger thumbnail but I doubt it, as I have seen no other reports of this. More likely, you just need to reset it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert