Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #31
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
https://www.amazon.com/BOOX-10-3-pro...reen+protector

Just be aware that, because it is large and a close fit, it is more challenging to apply than a regular screen protector on a phone. It's also challenging because of the sunken screen...

That's why I ordered three. I messed my first one up. The second one went on nicely, but I have a few air bubbles due to very small pieces of dust which were on the screen. However, they don't affect usage of the device at all and aren't really all that noticeable. I had to point them out to my wife.

From the reviews on Amazon, it seems that others are also experiencing some difficulties applying the screen protector so I would definitely advise getting at least two of them.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:32 AM   #32
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Cool, thanks!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2018, 05:43 AM   #33
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
I tried to cause scratches on a screen of Max 2 (same technology as Note) with the regular stylus and failed:

In my opinion scratches could be most likely caused by environmental conditions. Perhaps there are some abrasive dust particles in the air because of construction site nearby. Also using of alternative stylus could be the reason. Hard to guess.

Nevertheless. We are going to add a free screen protector for each new order of Max2 from now. Protectors for Note will be available in approximately 2 weeks and we will add one of them to every new order too.

Interesting fact - from a few thousand of sold devices we got just 3-4 reports directly from affected customers complains this issue .

UPD. SORRY GUYS. THIS WAS A VIDEO OF MAX CARTA AND NOT MAX2 SCREEN! I will re-record this clip with the correct screen later.

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-10-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:42 AM   #34
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I tried to cause scratches on a screen of Max 2 (same technology as Note) with the regular stylus and failed:

In my opinion scratches could be most likely caused by environmental conditions. Perhaps there are some abrasive dust particles in the air because of construction site nearby. Also using of alternative stylus could be the reason. Hard to guess.

Nevertheless. We are going to add a free screen protector for each new order of Max2 from now. Protectors for Note will be available in approximately 2 weeks and we will add one of them to every new order too.

Interesting fact - from a few thousand of sold devices we got just 3-4 reports directly from affected customers complains this issue .
Do you accept Paypal?
Old 06-07-2018, 07:43 AM   #35
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Do you accept Paypal?
Paypal as payment method in our store is currently enabled for EU customers only. I know, that PayPal is quite popular and convenient method, but unfortunately PayPal fees and conversation rates for payments from abroad of EU are way to high and especially by our high valued products only affordable, when they would be partially charged to buyers, which we don't want to do.
Advert
Old 06-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #36
MadAstra
Enthusiast
MadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Oasis, Onyx Boox Note
Quote:

I certainly didn't use an alternate stylus, nor did I use it outdoors. But I got extensive scratches from just using the stylus normally (probably even gentler than you did in the video). I don't know what to tell you other than my experience with my Note is very different from this video.
MadAstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:34 AM   #37
Drew22
Connoisseur
Drew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Hello Booxtor, my scratches are definitely from normal use with the Onyx stylus only. How many abrasive dust particles might be in the air since other devices with stylus do not get scratched in the same environment?

And there are many complaints about the issue on various forums and sales platforms across the Internet, not only 3 or 4. In my opinion all onyx2 and note e-readers without protective screen will sooner or later get scratched. It's only that during the first few months the scratches are barely visible under normal conditions and people do not notice them or try to live with them. However, as the time goes, the scratches increase and become very visible as in the thread 21.

This means this issue will only get worse as more and more people will gradually begin to see multiplying scratches under normal light conditions.

Besides, I think that your video presents a Max Carta screen and not a Max2, because of the image on it. That books depiction is specific to Max Carta e-readers. Those e-readers had no scratch issues. Max two has different, distinctive, "power off" sketches.

Denying reality and responsibility will only antagonise Onyx's customers.

Last edited by Drew22; 06-08-2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Adding text
Drew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:22 PM   #38
skrpeon
skrpeon began at the beginning.

Device: Oynx Boox Note 10.3
Onyx has listened to this Thread. I received my Note today and when I opened the box it contained a screen protector in addition to the Note itself. Just wanted to let everyone know that Onyx must be monitoring this forum and they appear to have responded. Excellent job. Cheers
skrpeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #39
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I tried to cause scratches on a screen of Max 2 (same technology as Note) with the regular stylus and failed
Hi Booxtor, as also Drew22 notices («I think that your video presents a Max Carta screen and not a Max2, because of the image on it. That books depiction is specific to Max Carta e-readers»), it seems like you are using a disassembled device or a kit.
Are you sure you also overlaid the layer on top of the Max2 - which I assume to be the capacitive layer for touch control? That is the weak layer.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:40 AM   #40
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrpeon View Post
Onyx has listened to this Thread. I received my Note today and when I opened the box it contained a screen protector in addition to the Note itself. Just wanted to let everyone know that Onyx must be monitoring this forum and they appear to have responded. Excellent job. Cheers
First post. Fake? Propaganda?
Old 06-10-2018, 01:05 AM   #41
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrpeon View Post
Onyx has listened
Maybe we can expect a software update soon with most requested features included
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #42
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Hi Booxtor, as also Drew22 notices («I think that your video presents a Max Carta screen and not a Max2, because of the image on it. That books depiction is specific to Max Carta e-readers»), it seems like you are using a disassembled device or a kit.
Are you sure you also overlaid the layer on top of the Max2 - which I assume to be the capacitive layer for touch control? That is the weak layer.
OMG! You are right! Wrong video! This is indeed a clip with a Max Carta screen. I am sorry for this mistake. Unfortunately those replaced screens where sorted out in our lab for disposal in the same box and I was sure all the time I piked a Max2 screen. Thanks for pointing to that.. I will pick a replaced screen of a max 2 and take another video.

I also will meet the CEO of Onyx International on Tuesday (CeBIT) and ask her how they are going to respond to this issue.

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-10-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #43
luke_nukem
luke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Note
I've noticed that the eraser part of the pen is what causes it (for me anyway). You need to press down on it to activate it, and that seems to encourage more pressure than needed. And if there is any grit on the screen, well.... scritch scratch.

The eraser end of my stylus is also scratched up.

I'm also using this pen now - needs calibration though - https://www.staedtler.com/en/noris-digital/
luke_nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #44
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
I also will meet the CEO of Onyx International on Tuesday (CeBIT) and ask her how they are going to respond to this issue.
Glad to hear this because it seems that I do unfortunately have a few very minor scratches on the screen of my Note after all.

Not as bad as the scratches shown on the photo posted earlier in this thread, but still there all the same.

I had been looking at the small specks of dust creating the air bubbles under my screen protector when I noticed the scratches. I had been contemplating attempting to replace that screen protector with my last new screen protector in an effort to get a bubble free screen.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:31 AM   #45
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
I dont understand the point of these screen protectors? you wont scratch your screen directly, but your screen protector will be left scratched? and you can still see the scratches the same way while using the device? or are you going to buy a dozen screen protectors and change them perpetually?

what i would like to know, is there an alternative stylus pen that will work for the note/max devices and wont scratch the screen? heard sony DTS pens are excellent, but have no idea if those work.
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote