Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
It is Clara not Clarita lol
Although clara (lowercase) is an adjective meaning clear, Clara (with capital letter) is a feminine name. Clarita would be the surname for a small girl (5") named Clara. Spanish joke, I know, but...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Indeed. I don't need a new 6" Kobo as I think the Glo HD is pretty spiffy as it is, but I'd love a viable (hi-res, light) 5" reader.
But, Kobo does need another 6" Hi-res Reader to complete with Amazon. I think even more so than a 5" screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Goodereaders says Kobo Clara should be released sometime next month, I don't know if it's true.
Mother's Day.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But, Kobo does need another 6" Hi-res Reader to complete with Amazon. I think even more so than a 5" screen.
I agree. I'd be happy with a 5" front lit Kobo reader.

But considering Kindle and Nook both offer the most popular size e-reader (6") with high-res displays and reviews were not positive for the Aura 2nd Edition (which looks like a country cousin compared to the One and H2O2), it seems like a refreshed, high res 6" reader (with color changing front light?) makes more sense than a new 5" one.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #20
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
We can pray that Clarita is a 5" device
That would be great, but in the past, Kobo has used the "HD" designation for their large ereaders.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
That would be great, but in the past, Kobo has used the "HD" designation for their large ereaders.
And the Glo HD, a 6" model
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I agree. Maybe they could make a Clara and a Clarita.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:47 PM   #23
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder if the official announcement for the Clara the the start of the Walmart partnership will coincide?
Old 04-02-2018, 05:01 PM   #24
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Make it a 9" screen, better for reading comics, if that's your thing.
Will it have audio playback capabilities for Kobo's audiobook service? If so, what size storage capacity will it have.

Personally, I'm alright with my Aura One, but jaysus Kobo, do we have to wait for this Clara thing to get released before we have a much needed firmware update?
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #25
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I cannot believe I am actually about to write this. And no, I have not been drinking or taking mind altering drugs.
Good Ereader actually has a reasonable article on this . Doesn't make a lot of irrational claims and makes a reasonable argument that the new device could actually be a 5" device. And they actually went to the effort of re-writing details (or maybe reading the FCC release themselves) rather than copy/pasting. The wonders never cease
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #26
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I cannot believe I am actually about to write this. And no, I have not been drinking or taking mind altering drugs.
Good Ereader actually has a reasonable article on this . Doesn't make a lot of irrational claims and makes a reasonable argument that the new device could actually be a 5" device. And they actually went to the effort of re-writing details (or maybe reading the FCC release themselves) rather than copy/pasting. The wonders never cease
He should have been able to add something. His "news" came out a day later than Digital Reader's.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The Aura One was released in August. The H2O2 was released in May.

I would not just to any conclusions.
No, the Aura ONE was announced in August and released in September. From memory, they were late in each month. And the Aura H2O2 release fits with the general Kobo release pattern. Most are released in either late April/early May or late September/early October. With an announcement about a month before this. And that is why I was predicting we would hear something from Kobo either this week or (as a "cya") next week. But, we will see.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
And the Glo HD, a 6" model
And looking at the addition of "HD" as part of the name, makes me wonder if it is a 5" device. Tacking that on to any of the other sizes doesn't feel right. But, I wouldn't have chosen "Clara" as the name, so I obviously know nothing about marketing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #29
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
If it's a 5" frontlit screen I'll be delighted. It's the perfect size for an ereader but only if the screen is lit. People haven't used non-lit ereaders since the 15th century.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:10 AM   #30
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
If it's a 5" frontlit screen I'll be delighted. It's the perfect size for an ereader but only if the screen is lit. People haven't used non-lit ereaders since the 15th century.
Ahem!