Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 11:40 PM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Two Kobo Mini questions

I've had a Kobo Mini for years and recently gave it to my daughter. Now that I have a KA1 to compare it to, I have a few questions I'm hoping Mini veterans can answer.

1) What is the most recent firmware I can install on it? I'm running version 3.4.1 5/25/14.
2) When I make a bookmark (dog ear) on the Kobo Mini by tapping in the top right corner, I can't unmake the bookmark by tapping in the top right corner again. That's how the KA1 and the Kobo app on my iPad work. On the Mini, I have to go into annotations and manually remove the bookmark instead. My daughter may find that confusing. I sure do. Bug, as designed, or is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:32 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up Kobo Mini compatible with firmware 4.4.9

I answered my own questions.

1) The Kobo Mini is compatible with firmware 4.4.9. I just installed it, and it works great.
2) Removing a dog ear requires a long press. Hold your finger down on the dog ear for about 3 seconds, and the bookmark will be removed.

Cheers.
Advert
Old 05-20-2017, 12:38 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
1) The Kobo Mini is compatible with firmware 4.4.9. I just installed it, and it works great.
For most recent firmware, someone asks this question and a little while later answers it the same way you did
Quote:
2) Removing a dog ear requires a long press. Hold your finger down on the dog ear for about 3 seconds, and the bookmark will be removed.
I don't think I've heard that before. It isn't the case for any of my devices, but I don't have a Mini.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #4
Telemachus
Connoisseur
Telemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
I tried this on my Kobo Mini and it creates and removes dog-ear bookmarks with a short press...I'm using Firmware 3.19.5761
Telemachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
Zorka
Enthusiast
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Mini(5), Kobo Touch, Kobo H2O, Poke2, Pocketbook Color, Remarkabl
short press to both make and remove dog-ear. mini running 4.4.9298
Zorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorka View Post
short press to both make and remove dog-ear. mini running 4.4.9298
Do you know that's not the latest firmware?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It doesn't matter. The last official firmware for the Mini was 3.4.1, as I recall.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:19 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It doesn't matter. The last official firmware for the Mini was 3.4.1, as I recall.
Last official firmware is 3.19.5761.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 AM   #9
Zorka
Enthusiast
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Mini(5), Kobo Touch, Kobo H2O, Poke2, Pocketbook Color, Remarkabl
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I know, but since the newer one only fixed the sdcard issue (and maybe some smaller probs) I didn't bother upgrading to 4.4.9344

EDIT: Just installed version 4.4.9344. Same result for the dog-ear as in the older 4.4.9 version

Last edited by Zorka; 05-22-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Zorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:35 PM   #10
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Odd. We have the hardest time removing dog ears. So far, only a long press does the deed. I'll try it again, but I doubt it'll make a difference. It's not like I didn't try short presses.