Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-11-2016, 04:11 AM   #91
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
As far as I know gdrive works following the instructions in the Calibre2opds User Guide.

Dropbox seems to work OK with older accounts that have a Public folder. I do not know if it is possible to enable the Public folder on newer accounts.
as of aug 31 2016 gdrive web hosting removed.
it appears to have started today?

another one bites the dust....?
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #92
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have validated that you can use https://updog.co to front a Calibre library and Calibre2opds catalog hosted on DropBox. The updog.com site provides the Web site handling that front-ends the DropBox files now that DropBox no longer supports DropBox itself providing the web site handling that is needed. The big advantage is that this approach no longer relies on you having a Public folder on DropBox so can also be used by new DropBox users who do not have a Public folder.

I am also going to do some further investigation to see if it is possible to have just the calibre2opds catalog hosted on the DropBox/updog combination with the actual calibre library files (which tend to be much larger) hosted on a different cloud service.

I will be updating the Calibre2opds online documentation with my findings and providing more details on getting this working. I will also be interested if any users can also provide feedback in this type of approach.

Last edited by itimpi; 10-19-2016 at 06:01 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2016, 05:24 PM   #93
deathoffleas
deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, iPad
Updog help!

How do you get updog to host?
Do I need to put all the eBook folders in the updog folder?
Do I need to extract all the data from _catalog into the updog folder?

Any advice or a walkthrough would be great!
deathoffleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #94
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathoffleas View Post
How do you get updog to host?
Do I need to put all the eBook folders in the updog folder?
Do I need to extract all the data from _catalog into the updog folder?

Any advice or a walkthrough would be great!
all the files stay on Dropbox! Updog merely acts as a front-end to make DropBox act like a web server.

Have you tried following the instructions for the updog setup that are in the Calibre2opds User Guide? If there are any steps there that are not clear then please mention them so the documentation can be improved.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #95
deathoffleas
deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.deathoffleas is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Help...

I've got the free account.
All the book files are in the Dropbox folder apps/updog/website name
Calibre library is pointed at that folder
OPDS generates a _catalog folder with the index file

But how do I get the website to load?
My knowledge here is zero, I had the old set up working but I can't workout how to do this
Advert
Old 11-23-2016, 04:01 AM   #96
deathoffleas

Have got the front end working now but cannot download books correctly.
I get a page of random characters when choosing to download ePub or mobi

What an I doing wrong?
Old 11-23-2016, 07:24 AM   #97
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathoffleas View Post
Have got the front end working now but cannot download books correctly.
I get a page of random characters when choosing to download ePub or mobi

What an I doing wrong?
that seems to browser dependent as to whether the mime-type in the HTML is honoured. If it treats the file as HTML text you get the effect you mentioned. You could try right-clicking the download link and selecting explicitly the option to download the file.

I might have to look into whether there is anything additional the Calibre2opds program can do help make sure files download correctly in all browsers.

Last edited by itimpi; 11-23-2016 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:07 AM   #98
deathoffleas

How do you force a right click on iPhone safari or with kindle paperwhite? Both browsers are producing the same results. They both worked fine in the old Dropbox system?
Old 11-26-2016, 08:01 AM   #99
itimpi
Wizard

I see that there is a new 'download' attribute introduced with HTML5 so I am going to make a change to Calibre2opds to add that to the download links to see if that helps. I have no idea which browsers will recognise that attribute. I think it will probably help with Safari that should be HTML5 compatible - not sure about the Kindle browser. Will report back after I have made the change and tried it out to see if it helps. I am also assuming that it will not upset any other browser but I do not see why it should as unknown attributes should be ignored.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:48 PM   #100
deathoffleas

Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I see that there is a new 'download' attribute introduced with HTML5 so I am going to make a change to Calibre2opds to add that to the download links to see if that helps. I have no idea which browsers will recognise that attribute. I think it will probably help with Safari that should be HTML5 compatible - not sure about the Kindle browser. Will report back after I have made the change and tried it out to see if it helps. I am also assuming that it will not upset any other browser but I do not see why it should as unknown attributes should be ignored.
Thank you in advance!
Old 12-16-2016, 06:38 AM   #101
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505, kindle, ithing
Just to say that even pre2012 Dropbox accounts have been told that support for the Public folder will stop mid March 2017.[U]

'we’ll soon be ending support for the Public folder. Dropbox Basic users will be able to use the Public folder until March 15, 2017. After that date the files in your Public folder will become private, and links to these files will be deactivated. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

If you’d like to keep sharing files in your Public folder, you can create new shared links. Just make sure to send the new URLs to your collaborators.

I have found the Calibre2opds catalog so useful and will try and follow the instructions to use updog. Thank you for all your work.
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #102
itimpi
Wizard

I have contacted the operator of the updog.co site and he has graciously added all the mime types for the eBook files that are used by Calibre2opds to the updog host's mimetypes file. This appears to solve the issue of the download links not working as expected on certain browsers such as Safari on iOS and the browser on some Kindle models.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:24 AM   #103
deathoffleas

Fantastic

Thanks
Working for me!
Old 12-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #104
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
I moved this to the Related Tools sub-forum where all the other OPDS related threads are located.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #105
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
itimpi - thanks again for all your help! I can now report that I've got my library in Dropbox and am happily downloading successfully on iphone, ipod touch and ipad (all with different versions of ios).

Once it's set up, it's so easy to use! And much simpler to get books on the device(s) than my previous methods! Woot!

skb is offline   Reply With Quote