Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-09-2018, 08:07 AM   #31
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@KevinH: You need to normalize() before calculating the path. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...Node/normalize
Thank you! I will give that a try.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #32
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6/5/iPad 1,2 & Air/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Clickable Preview links have already been added. https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...6f3a402c364fa6
Book View:

Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #33
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Clickable Preview links have already been added. https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...6f3a402c364fa6
Is that in 0.9.9? For some forgotten reason I'm still on 0.9.8.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #34
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6/5/iPad 1,2 & Air/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
I just tried it on 9.9. Not there yet.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:50 PM   #35
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sorry I wasn't clearer. That commit was after the 0.9.9 release. But it's ready to go for the next release.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:33 AM   #36
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Excellent! For me, since Preview Pane came to live with us, that was Book View's only function. I look forward to the update.

Now that Sigill is perfect, will this be 1.0.0?
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #37
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Now that Sigill is perfect, will this be 1.0.0?
Hardly.

I've not talked to Kevin about it, but 0.9.10 or 0.10.0 makes the most sense to me.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #38
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I've updated Sigil in the past I've lost some of my keyboard shortcut settings. I think it happens when a new 'factory' shortcut is introduced that uses the same sequence as one already in use. One I can remember was F7, which I had assigned to Spellcheck, which become Well-formed Check, and Spellcheck became Alt+Q.

IMO if Sigil is being updated the existing keyboard shortcuts should be left as-is.

Because I'm keyboard-centric I reconfigure/reassign keyboard shortcuts more than most users, consistency across applications is one of my main aims.

BR
Old 06-10-2018, 07:50 PM   #39
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

We don't purposely change keyboard shortcuts.

F7 was always the default shortcut for the integrated Flightcrew Validation feature. When Flightcrew was removed from Sigil, the Well-formed check took its place--including its default F7 keyboard shortcut.

When we add a new feature that needs a keyboard shortcut, there's simply no way for us to easily know if a user has reassigned one of the default shortcuts to something else. It seemed a no-brainer for the Well-Formed check to take Flightcrew's. I don't know how we could have done it any differently.

Sigil is never really "updated," for the record. It's just a new installation over top of the old. There is no separate upgrade vs install procedure. If there are ini files and a prefs folder already present upon launch, Sigil uses those instead of creating new default ones.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-10-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:34 AM   #40
BetterRed
null operator

I could be wrong but after the upgrade, I think F7 was assigned to Mend HTML and Spellcheck.

And I don't think the Spellcheck shortcut is the only one I've lost when updating. On another occasion I recall losing my Next/Previous Tab shortcuts, which I had assigned to Ctrl+Alt+→ and Ctrl+Alt←, they reverted to something like Alt+PgUp and Alt+PgDn.

I've made a note to remind me cut and paste the 'shortcuts' section from last night's backup of sigil.ini after I install a new version.

Added: I appreciate programs, like Sigil, that provide user control over keyboard shortcuts, but in my opinion most, including Sigil, ship with too many pre-set defaults.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-11-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #41
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Kovid,

Using normalize() seems to help but ... calling normalize() on the anchorNode or its parent or even the entire document seems to clear/reset the cursor or highlighted region in BookView. My guess is the highlighted code is actually the part that is being normalized away. This same javascript routine is used to save the cursor position while editing in BookView and having your highlighted text randomly become unhighlighted makes things a bit tough.

I guess I could simply always return the parent node of the text field as the cursor position.

Any other advice?

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@KevinH: You need to normalize() before calculating the path. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...Node/normalize
Old 06-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sorry, no. There's a reason I decided not to implement book view in calibre's editor
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #43
KevinH
Wizard

FYI, a "fix" for this BV to CV transition crash has now been committed to master. It will use the normalized DOM tree only during transitions and will otherwise pick a sane sibling or parent of the text node for the cursor location when the current anchor gets merged away.