Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
zebradude
Tablet / E-reader addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Library is read only----Help

I have an newly purchased Pixel 2 XL 128 GB on Oreo 8.1 Security Patch 06/05/18.Build OPM4.171019.021.E1

I own CC on iOS as well as Android.

I cannot connect using my Pixel. I keep on getting the above "Library is read only"

I have no issues using the iOS version.

Ps. My device has no external SD card all storage is internal....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180606-130249.png
Views:	27
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	164332  
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
The "library is read only" error can happen if you restore CC's settings and library on a new device. The problem: Android on the new device does not recognize the permissions granted on the previous device. This FAQ answer describes what to do.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
zebradude
Tablet / E-reader addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The "library is read only" error can happen if you restore CC's settings and library on a new device. The problem: Android on the new device does not recognize the permissions granted on the previous device. This FAQ answer describes what to do.
Thank You! it works!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote