Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-19-2024, 11:49 AM   #1
beaLollina
Enthusiast
beaLollina began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb A simple reading progress bar?

Hi, I was looking for some reading progress bar, visible in some spot of the screen while reading. It could be useful mostly for knowing at what point of the chapter we are (even a number of the overall pages of the chapter and at what page you're at, or a percentage number would do perfectly the job)

If there's already some plugin or something else, please let me know, otherwise, I'm hoping it would be considered for future implementations. (I think it's not interest of everyone, to read books directly on calibre, but when it happens, it's just better know - or at least to have that possibility- what's your progress status relatively to the chapter. )

This could be even more useful for reading Feed RSS epubs.
Thanks on advance
beaLollina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 03:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IN THE VIEWER
Preferences: Headers and Footers: <pick where you want it:pick what from the pulldown>

Last edited by chaley; 03-19-2024 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Disable smilies
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2024, 05:24 PM   #3
beaLollina
Enthusiast
beaLollina began at the beginning.

Oh my god, more than I could ever expect! Thanks theducks, all kind of reading progress bars here, I don't even know which to pick first.
beaLollina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:14 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@theducks - Curious - Controls footer, what is it?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 08:11 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@theducks - Curious - Controls footer, what is it?

BR
??? The footer has controls that place items. Default is nothing
Advert
Old 03-19-2024, 08:57 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
??? The footer has controls that place items. Default is nothing
I am referring to this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-20 115453.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	207015

BR
Old 03-19-2024, 09:01 PM   #7
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
I am referring to this:

Attachment 207015

BR
Yep. No idea, saw that the other day. Glad to help!
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:22 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Yep. No idea, saw that the other day. Glad to help!

BR
Old 03-19-2024, 10:50 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

No clue either
Old 03-21-2024, 05:40 AM   #10
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Control Footer refers to the bottom bar when you're at the "control panel" of the Viewer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
nqk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:00 AM   #11
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Control Footer refers to the bottom bar when you're at the "control panel" of the Viewer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
yay, mystery solved! I've set 'Clock' as a control footer just to see if it would show when preferences are being displayed control panel overlay is displayed, and there it is:

Name:	MWSnap 2024-03-21, 10_53_40.png
Views:	52
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	207034

BTW, I'm so happy with my new Calibre interface font on Windows: Segoe UI Semibold 9pt. It adds a bit more weight to the default one.

Last edited by Comfy.n; 03-21-2024 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:10 AM   #12
Comfy.n

Quote:

BTW, I'm so happy with my new Calibre interface font on Windows: Segoe UI Semibold 9pt. It adds a bit more weight to the default one.
Oh well, spoke too soon. While it looks fine overall in the GUI, the FTS results lose the bold emphasis
Old 03-21-2024, 06:12 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
yay, mystery solved! I've set 'Clock' as a control footer just to watch if it would show when preferences are being displayed, and there it is:

Attachment 207034
I don't get a bottom bar if I show preferences via Ctrl+P, the control panel occupies the entire viewport. Ditto if I click the Preferences icon on the toolbar.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-22 090745.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	207049

I only get a control panel overlay with its bottom bar if I show preferences by pressing the right mouse button on the content.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-22 090916.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	734.5 KB
ID:	207050

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-21-2024 at 06:16 PM. Reason: pronoun correction
Old 03-21-2024, 06:41 PM   #14
Comfy.n

Quote:
I only get a control panel overlay with its bottom bar if I show preferences by pressing the right mouse button on the content.

Attachment 207050

BR
Yes, same here, that's what I meant. I misreferenced "control panel overlay" as "preferences".
Old 03-21-2024, 10:39 PM   #15
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
yay, mystery solved! I've set 'Clock'
isn't it already on the top right corner?
nqk is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre viewer, progress bar