Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2021, 02:16 AM   #16
rupan88
rupan88 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, KO3
Do you happen to convert books with Calibre? I also sideload books from other stores with Calibre, but the covers won't show up as the screensaver.
rupan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #17
Camellia
She / Her
Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
The cover feature looks to be out worldwide now! Looking gorgeous from Australia!

Remember: Connect to wi-fi, Check for updates, and Refresh your Kindle!

(It works on sideloaded books, too! My Malazan collection is sideloaded.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	186637  

Last edited by Camellia; 04-15-2021 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Correcting grammar.
Camellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2021, 08:49 PM   #18
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Great, glad it's starting to spread around
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:03 AM   #19
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
The cover feature looks to be out worldwide now! Looking gorgeous from Australia!

Remember: Connect to wi-fi, Check for updates, and Refresh your Kindle!

(It works on sideloaded books, too! My Malazan collection is sideloaded.)
I was REALLY glad to see that "side loaded" books work too! Most of my collection is side loaded.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:42 AM   #20
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks like a lot more are getting it now with all the Reddit posts popping up. I restarted mine on Wi-fi last night, but no luck just yet.
Advert
Old 04-16-2021, 10:38 AM   #21
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
It looks like a lot more are getting it now with all the Reddit posts popping up. I restarted mine on Wi-fi last night, but no luck just yet.
No luck here either!
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:51 AM   #22
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Are the people who aren't getting it those with "ad-supported" kindles?
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:31 AM   #23
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Make sure you are running the current update, 5.13.5. According to the "buzz" on the internet, this is a slow roll-out. Some people in the US are saying as of last night they are seeing the new cover option. I have the current update, but don't see the option yet. I live in San Francisco. I'll just wait and hope this rolls here soon. Looking forward to it.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:46 AM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Are the people who aren't getting it those with "ad-supported" kindles?
My Paperwhite is not ad-supported since Amazon Canada does not have that option. OTOH, I haven't seen any of the new options mentioned as being available in 5.13.4 or or 5.13.5 (both OTA updates) and Amazon.ca tech support doesn't seem to know anything about when/if those options are going to be available here.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:37 PM   #25
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My Paperwhite is not ad-supported since Amazon Canada does not have that option. OTOH, I haven't seen any of the new options mentioned as being available in 5.13.4 or or 5.13.5 (both OTA updates) and Amazon.ca tech support doesn't seem to know anything about when/if those options are going to be available here.
In Canada too, my sister got the cover feature option, I didn't. Wonder if it's by serial numbers of the Kindles..hers is the previous generation Oasis, mine is the latest.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:48 PM   #26
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Amazon now has a web page describing the new book cover lock screen feature:

Unlock a new lockscreen
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:12 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So i if your Kindle has ads, it will cost $20 (in the US) to be able to see covers on the lock screen. Well done Amazon. NOT!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:24 PM   #28
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
So I found an interesting thing. I'm in Canada and I still don't have the new cover screensaver feature. But, if you de-register your device (which means you lose all your content and will have to re-download) the option then shows up right away. It's instant. But then once you register again by logging into your Amazon account the option disappears. So it's actively on the damn kindle but they just hide it based on the account you're logged in with. Idiotic.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:24 PM   #29
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Aha, so it's just for non-ad supported. I thought I'd seen some say they didn't turn ads off and still had it. Bummer. I may upgrade my Oasis to get the perk, but no way on all my devices. I do hate spending 20 bucks just to get a new feature on the screen, though.

Last edited by Paperbackstash; 04-16-2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:38 PM   #30
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So i if your Kindle has ads, it will cost $20 (in the US) to be able to see covers on the lock screen. Well done Amazon. NOT!
Many people have claimed they have called Customer Service and gotten them to remove ads for free. I don’t know if that’s still the case.

But even if that’s the case, they could have let you have the cover image for Lock Screen, then when you unlock it shows the ad screen, and you’d need to swipe to dismiss (just as you do with Kindles with Special Offers now).
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote