Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 04-05-2021, 04:29 AM   #1
davidhcje
Connoisseur
davidhcje began at the beginning.

Device: android phone
"alter the current selection forward by a word" keyboard shortcut also turns the page

Problem:
when I press the keyboard shortcut to "alter the current selection forward by a word" in the viewer, it turns one page forward in the same time. And when I use "alter the current selection backward by a word", it turns one page backward too.

Settings:
  • I use the default keyboard shortcut, ctrl + shift + arrowright, for this action.
  • page layout is set to 2.
  • The problem only happens on the right page, meaning, when I select text in the left page, it doesn't turn the page.
davidhcje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It doesnt have anything to do with the individual keyboard shortcut. Basically when the selection is altered the viewer makes sure the selection starts on the left of the screen, so there is maximum scrope to expand it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2021, 11:49 PM   #3
davidhcje
Connoisseur

Since this feature is a little bit counter-intuitive, and since user can scroll mouse wheel to turn page while selecting text, I'm wondering if you could add an option to turn this feature off?

Last edited by davidhcje; 04-12-2021 at 10:11 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-17-2021, 04:31 AM   #4
davidhcje
Connoisseur

Sorry if you find this a duplicate of my last reply, since I think no one has seen my last revision on it.

Simply put, is it possible to add an toggle that allows readers to turn off the feature described below?
Quote:
It doesnt have anything to do with the individual keyboard shortcut. Basically when the selection is altered the viewer makes sure the selection starts on the left of the screen, so there is maximum scrope to expand it.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:31 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just update calibre it has already been fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2021, 09:25 AM   #6
davidhcje
Connoisseur

I just realized it. Thanks!

Tags
debug, keyboard shortcut, page layout, viewer, word selection