Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #496
saschabur
saschabur began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Rotation in Landcape mode succes

I needed Landscape mode for text-editing software and notetaking software with mainly an external keyboard as input. I didn't find any settings for that, but i found a cheap app (2;39 €) Rotation Control Pro:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntrolpro&hl=en
With this app one can force , App per App, to switch in Landsacpe mode or reversed Landscape Mode. It works fine with Google Keep and Dayone for exemple. No i can put the Mimas in Landscape mode in a Tablet stand and have the full width and more stability. Also, the on screen keyboard is larger, that's a positive side effect if you use it on your lap.

I switched "background mode enabled" and "launch on startup" on for this in the settings "Snowflake" on the App-Homescreen,

and inside the app i sais "reversed landscape" for Dayone, Google Keep and so on.

You also have to change the detection mode "App per App" to "User access".

Then it works great.

Only hope that the bacground activity won't take tomuch battery.
saschabur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:12 AM   #497
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschabur View Post
Only hope that the bacground activity won't take tomuch battery.
If the developers haven't put any BS in the app, there will only be background activity when changing the app screens. So you should be good to go.
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2019, 10:36 PM   #498
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
now boyue are investing more developers to optimize their firmware and add some new feature. in my opinion, they are noticed the forum user's compliant and working for it, each brand have it's advatange and disadvantage, i hope boyue devices will get better and better, after all, we can not ask one device to meet all demand, they will do best to make the firmware better and stable;
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:10 PM   #499
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
now boyue are investing more developers to optimize their firmware and add some new feature. in my opinion, they are noticed the forum user's compliant and working for it, each brand have it's advatange and disadvantage, i hope boyue devices will get better and better, after all, we can not ask one device to meet all demand, they will do best to make the firmware better and stable;
Translation of the UI and no pdf export of annotated PDFs are bad.

But I see your point. The Notes app got quite a lot better. Now we can copy and paste single objects to other pages, can draw straight lines on long press and have the added notes to text AI. These are all really cool features!
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:50 AM   #500
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Likebook Mimas
FYI: I reported a bug and Boyue replied that this will be fixed in a firmware update in July. So we should expect an update this month.
Jantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #501
geordie2019
geordie2019 began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas likebook 10.3
Defective Screen. After only 2 months, my likebook has two smudgy 4-inch lines on the screen. A2 refresh has no effect. It is present no matter what app is chosen. I have requested a return through Amazon. I wonder if they will stand behind their product.
geordie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:47 PM   #502
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
You will probably have to ship it to China to have them replace it. Got pictures of the unit?
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #503
Teachjames
Teachjames began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
This typesetting mode does not support handwriting temporarily?

Hi, while reading a PDF file on my Mimas, I changed the typeset settings somehow and now get the message, "This typesetting mode does not support handwriting temporarily". Now, I can't use the pen anymore and the font size is unstable. Any ideas on how to revert back to the original?
Teachjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:15 AM   #504
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachjames View Post
Hi, while reading a PDF file on my Mimas, I changed the typeset settings somehow and now get the message, "This typesetting mode does not support handwriting temporarily". Now, I can't use the pen anymore and the font size is unstable. Any ideas on how to revert back to the original?
please try reboot or factory reset.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:23 AM   #505
likebookstore
Connoisseur

i dont know how to insert the picture in here. so i can only wirte by words

Aa-typesettings, choose the item 3 from left to right..then this problem will be fixed.

please try.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:05 PM   #506
Ahalya
Ahalya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA One
Hello,

Can anyone please let me know where I can find the old firmware for Mimas? This new firmware has no proper export options. I want to revert back to the old software where I could export handwritten notes as PDFs

Thanks.
Ahalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:08 AM   #507
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

You cannot downgrade your device.
Have to wait and hope that the new update will correct this feature.

Olivier
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:45 AM   #508
Ahalya
Ahalya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA One
Oh that sucks. I wrote to the store I got it from and they say the developers are working on a release soon.
Ahalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #509
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Size comparisons of devices

So I got the Mimas and like it but noticed so many questions always being re-asked about it and also could not find any pics of it next to other Boyue devices for size comparison (a picture is worth a thousand words right?) and other aspects like the screen. So I took some and will explain my thoughts so far.

Note: Other then using the pen once to make sure my screen worked correctly I have not put on the glossy screen protector and have ordered a supposedly matte one so will chime in on that at a later date.

1. The weight is not to heavy in the hand and I think distributed well.

2. Battery seems about on par with the Mars so far in standby and slightly less then it in use (I keep WIFI and BT off if i'm not getting books/docs).

3. The screen is hard to tell in the pictures but it is slightly grayer then the Mars and T80S.

4. The backlight is basically the same temp as the Mars on each color but the Mars can get much brighter so gets a much fuller overlay. This I thought at first was going to be an issue but I got used to it and never use the full backlight of the Mars anyways as I keep it mixed.

5. Both of my devices (Mars, Mimas) came with a bad pixel in a random spot and it's not worth returning over but still sucks. You can only really tell on an inverted screen (black background) and it does not impede use.

6. The physical buttons feel pretty mushy instead of clicky (personal preference I guess)

7. I'm glad my device came in one piece since the box was banged a little bit.

8. Bouye really needs to host all the FW for this device and other Boyue devices so advanced users even with the stipulation you void your warranty can recover their devices in the case of an issue. Using RKtool is not that hard if you have done any other flashing for other devices before IMO. This is also important if it is the only way we get Android 8 in the future if it will run well on the Mars/Mimas.

Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	good.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	791.2 KB
ID:	172317   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_122344.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	172318   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_122540.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	172319   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_122510.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	172320   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_122629.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	172321   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_122959.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	172322  
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:20 PM   #510
Teachjames
Teachjames began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Thank you for the help

Problem solved by following your instructions.
Teachjames is offline   Reply With Quote