Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-04-2019, 05:03 AM   #466
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
On my Likebook Mars there is a new update. I returned my Onyx Nova as my Likebook Mars is way faster.
Can anyone tell me if there is handwriting recognition with likebook mimas (with a new update)?
Many thanks!!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #467
niknas
niknas began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
New update

OK, seems there's a new update for the Likebook Mimas available.
From what I could gather from the changelog was addition of handwriting recogniztion (?) and some kind of split input mode, two page layout in landscape etc.
Updating now.
niknas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #468
niknas

Yep, seems to be something in there. There's a new button, AI, that interprets the handwriting, at least in native Notes app. Haven't experimented that much with it though. Can't seem to get the interpreted text back into notes. There's an export option for it though.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #469
niknas

Annoyingly, there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the changelog after the update. It's only visible in the update screen before update. Perhaps someone could take a screenshot and post it here?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #470
geordie2019
geordie2019 began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas likebook 10.3
New Firmware Update
So far so good. The stock reader app seems to have improved. Lines no longer end in the middle of contractions
geordie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2019, 07:05 PM   #471
geordie2019

Voice Typing
Has anybody gotten this to work? The mic icon is in GBoard, but when selected it says updated Google App required. Installed the Google App, but no change.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:53 PM   #472
geordie2019

Voice Typing

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie2019 View Post
Voice Typing
Has anybody gotten this to work? The mic icon is in GBoard, but when selected it says updated Google App required. Installed the Google App, but no change.
Well, after installing the Google App and updating everything and rebooting, I now have voice typing working like a champ! This likebook is becoming a very useful device for working outdoors
Old 06-05-2019, 02:03 AM   #473
StuartJ
StuartJ doesn't litterStuartJ doesn't litterStuartJ doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas, Kobo Aura One, LG V20
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknas View Post
Annoyingly, there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the changelog after the update. It's only visible in the update screen before update. Perhaps someone could take a screenshot and post it here?
Thanks for the warning! I've taken a screenshot, uploaded with this message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boyue-Mimas-update-Screenshot.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	171784  
StuartJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:21 AM   #474
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Mimas System Update BYRead-V1.1.0-2019060320 notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknas View Post
Here it is!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190605_081348.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	171785
  1. Add horizontal screen double-page reading mode
  2. add new notes to support the export of local, two-dimensional code sharing and uploading a cloud note
  3. Added support for bookshelf to display title/file name
  4. Add personal space hiding function
  5. the new hadwriting input method function
  6. add notebook note search function
  7. Optimize the bookshelf book deletion prompts
  8. Fix known issues
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:28 AM   #475
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubensa View Post
Today I had a problem with Mimas Notes App.
  • I was editing a note, leaved Mimas alone and when came back, it had shutten down.
  • I powered it again and opened the note I was editing.
  • Then I realized that all changes I had made where lost.

I expected the note to be saved before eReader goes down.
Looks like notes are only saved when exiting (but not saved if you do not close it).

How can I report this bug to Bouye?

Thanks!
I checked and looks like this has been solved in last Firmware version BYRead-V1.1.0-2019060320
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:52 PM   #476
geordie2019

Help! -- Lost All Note Functionality

In the stock Notes App, when I choose to start a a new note the screen just goes blank and then switches to Book view. I noticed that the Notes/Templates folder is empty - although do not recall deleting the contents. I wonder if that might be the cause. Might anyone be able to upload the contents of the Notes/Templates folder?
Old 06-05-2019, 10:04 PM   #477
SJC-Caron
Enthusiast
SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.SJC-Caron can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Boyue Likebook (T103D) Mimas
Quote:

In the stock Notes App, when I choose to start a a new note the screen just goes blank and then switches to Book view. I noticed that the Notes/Templates folder is empty - although do not recall deleting the contents. I wonder if that might be the cause. Might anyone be able to upload the contents of the Notes/Templates folder?
I have this issue to.
SJC-Caron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:56 AM   #478
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

An exciting new feature in the note application is the ability to draw straight lines by pressing the tip of the pen for more than 1s on the screen then moving it. This feature has to be enabled in the configuration menu (three dots on the top right of the notes application).
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #479
StuartJ
StuartJ doesn't litterStuartJ doesn't litterStuartJ doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas, Kobo Aura One, LG V20
Quote:

Since the latest update, I too have lost the default templates from the notes/templates folder. However, I had created a custom 'Journal' template that was still in there, and I don't get this problem starting the notes app. In case it's any help to you, I've attached my 'template' folder with this custom template.
Attached Files
File Type: zip template.zip (97.2 KB, 163 views)
StuartJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #480
yar57
yar57 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Muses
New Mimas update

Does new update provide any copy/paste functionality across notes? Hopefully update will come out soon for Muses also.
yar57 is offline   Reply With Quote