Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 10:08 PM   #391
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Digital Paper, Amazon Paperwhite
Thanks, I'll try the reset
Phil
mrpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #392
Dav_25
Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: too many
Hi,
I am looking for an ereader, and the Mima seems like a nice device. I would like to ask a couple of questions though:
- I don't feel comfortable at all having Google bloatwares on my ereader, is that possible to remove them completely (G Playstore, Gmail, Youtube, Gmaps...) ?
- Has anybody tried the great new privacy browser "Brave" on this device? Is it working well?

Thank you
Dav_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2019, 07:04 PM   #393
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav_25 View Post
Hi,
I am looking for an ereader, and the Mima seems like a nice device. I would like to ask a couple of questions though:
- I don't feel comfortable at all having Google bloatwares on my ereader, is that possible to remove them completely (G Playstore, Gmail, Youtube, Gmaps...) ?
- Has anybody tried the great new privacy browser "Brave" on this device? Is it working well?

Thank you
I haven't tried Brave on the Mimas, so I can't help you there. But I wanted to mention that mine did not have any of the Google Apps pre-installed. Not even the Google Playstore which required me to enable the Google framework first. (I haven't updated to the latest firmware though, so perhaps somebody else can confirm that's still the case.)

Edited to Add: Have you used an eink device before? They are pretty much unusable for video, and can be frustrating to use to view web-pages because of the grey-scale nature of eink which can make certain elements hard to see or even invisible.

Last edited by blue_skies; 04-14-2019 at 07:07 PM.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #394
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I haven't tried Brave on the Mimas, so I can't help you there. But I wanted to mention that mine did not have any of the Google Apps pre-installed. Not even the Google Playstore which required me to enable the Google framework first. (I haven't updated to the latest firmware though, so perhaps somebody else can confirm that's still the case.)

Edited to Add: Have you used an eink device before? They are pretty much unusable for video, and can be frustrating to use to view web-pages because of the grey-scale nature of eink which can make certain elements hard to see or even invisible.
Blue, if you haven't updated yet to the 1.0.2 then download it but DO NOT take it then go into the root of the storage on your device and get the update file off it to your pc to upload to say like mega for here. That is the OTA that Gustav needs to try to fix their bad flashed device. Once you have it copied delete that file off the root and it will think you need to download it again.
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:35 PM   #395
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Blue, if you haven't updated yet to the 1.0.2 then download it but DO NOT take it then go into the root of the storage on your device and get the update file off it to your pc to upload to say like mega for here. That is the OTA that Gustav needs to try to fix their bad flashed device. Once you have it copied delete that file off the root and it will think you need to download it again.
Malcolm
I won't be able to do that until sometime next week. (If he still needs it.)
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2019, 08:32 AM   #396
Gustaw
Gustaw began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I won't be able to do that until sometime next week. (If he still needs it.)
If you can do it I will try. Maybe this help. TIA, Gustaw
Gustaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #397
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Likebook Mimas
Hi all, got my Mimas this week, and so far pretty happy with it (won't elaborate how the software needs work, I read this entire thread...).

First off, thanks for a lot of tips and ideas I got from this thread! There is not a lot of information around (let alone a manual), so this was very helpful.

Still have two questions:

First: did anybody get the custom templates working for multiple pages? I got that you need to create a new folder in the "template" directory and put the template image there. That works, but the template is only applied to the first page. Any pages you add after that will be blank.

Second, I feel like the "ink" from the pen is printing too far to the right when taking notes. It is not much, but it feels uncomfortable. Is this normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mimas.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	170769  
Jantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:26 PM   #398
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantah View Post
Hi all, got my Mimas this week, and so far pretty happy with it (won't elaborate how the software needs work, I read this entire thread...).

First off, thanks for a lot of tips and ideas I got from this thread! There is not a lot of information around (let alone a manual), so this was very helpful.

Still have two questions:

First: did anybody get the custom templates working for multiple pages? I got that you need to create a new folder in the "template" directory and put the template image there. That works, but the template is only applied to the first page. Any pages you add after that will be blank.

Second, I feel like the "ink" from the pen is printing too far to the right when taking notes. It is not much, but it feels uncomfortable. Is this normal?
Does it do this everywhere on the screen? Might be the magnet in the case screwing with the field. Check that first, like with it caseless.
Malcolm
Old 04-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #399
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Does it do this everywhere on the screen? Might be the magnet in the case screwing with the field. Check that first, like with it caseless.
Malcolm
Ah, good one. Tried without the case, but the problem is pretty much consistent all over the screen, without the case as well.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:16 PM   #400
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Ah, good one. Tried without the case, but the problem is pretty much consistent all over the screen, without the case as well.
If you can try removing the pen tip and re-seating it. The coil in the pen may be off during manufacturing though. I would ask the seller about it for sure. Since it uses a wacom digitizer you might be able to test it with with a friend who has a samsung note device s pen.
Malcolm
Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #401
Jantah

Quote:
If you can try removing the pen tip and re-seating it. The coil in the pen may be off during manufacturing though. I would ask the seller about it for sure. Since it uses a wacom digitizer you might be able to test it with with a friend who has a samsung note device s pen.
Malcolm
Yeah, I mailed the seller (ereader.store), but got an autoreply that they are very busy. I'll wait for their response before reseating the pen tip.

I have a Wacom tablet for my PC, but the pen that came with that does not register anything on the Mimas.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:54 PM   #402
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
I have a Wacom tablet for my PC, but the pen that came with that does not register anything on the Mimas.
I think somebody recommended two wacom styluses somewhere in this thread which work.

Also, I am writing notes for 1,5 months now on the Mimas and I got quite a firm pressure on the pen. The tip is now quite worn down and the trace point is off by 0.5mm. However when the tip was new, I had no offset. Also the offset becomes more noticable when writing in horizontal screen mode
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #403
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
Handy feature when exporting notes

You can selectively export or delete multiple note pages. In the note app, tap the page indicator e. g. "3/15". It will bring up a list of the pages in your current note. On the top should now be a button "edit" or similar. Tap it and now you can selectively delete or export multiple pages.
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:42 AM   #404
m0shr
m0shr began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max, Likebook Mimas
Is the Mimas screen really dark and yellow?

Compared against the Boox Max, it is really yellow looking.

It's not just the white bezel I compared them right next to each other and it is significantly darker.

And this was before I put the screen protector.

Is it just my unit or just all of Mimas like that?
m0shr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #405
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0shr View Post
Is the Mimas screen really dark and yellow?

Compared against the Boox Max, it is really yellow looking.
could you cap a clearphoto to show us, thx
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote