Old 11-21-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
fairuza
fairuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Author Sort problems

I have my files named like so: LN, FN - TITLE.lrf

In calibre it automatically "author sorts" by making them all: FN, LN

How to do make it so it sorts by how I already have my files named: LN, FN

I need to do this in bulk when converting, so I can't manually mess with each file because there are way too many.
fairuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Don't try to change what calibre does with its internal library; you can't. You're not meant to. Those files are for calibre only. See the link in my .sig for further details.

If you need to have your files converted to LN, FN - TITLE in some format for some purpose, either export them ("save to disk" option) that way, or send them to your device that way. You can do either of these in bulk. Calibre is great about making your files what you want them anywhere external to calibre; what it does with its internals is not to be messed with by anyone or anything but calibre itself.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairuza View Post
I have my files named like so: LN, FN - TITLE.lrf

In calibre it automatically "author sorts" by making them all: FN, LN

How to do make it so it sorts by how I already have my files named: LN, FN

I need to do this in bulk when converting, so I can't manually mess with each file because there are way too many.
You can accomplish this easy enough using the tweak.

Review this thread and this thread for a detailed discussion of how to do it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote