Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-04-2022, 08:08 AM   #1
davedeacon
Enthusiast
davedeacon began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite Kindle 5 11th gen 2021
Alter scroll-wheel behaviour

When I scroll through a book using the scroll-wheel on my mouse, it only scrolls once for every two "clicks" as the scroll-wheel rotates. Could an option be provided in calibre to alter this so it scrolls once for each click?

Note that I don't want to change any settings on my OS (Ubuntu), as it's just this one app which exhibits this behaviour. Every other app works correctly, ignoring no clicks.

I'm using the latest Calibre but it's always been like this.
davedeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works fine on my linux system. Make sure you are using the official calibre binaries from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:43 PM   #3
davedeacon
Enthusiast
davedeacon began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite Kindle 5 11th gen 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Works fine on my linux system. Make sure you are using the official calibre binaries from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
Yes, via:

sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh | sudo sh /dev/stdin

This mouse "problem" has been like this on all linux systems I've ever used (various Ubuntu/Kubuntu installs) and different mice.

To be clear, it's fine elsewhere in calibre, such as the list of books, the plug-ins list in preferences (if i make the window small enough). It's just when I double click on a book (.mobi, .azw3) and navigate through it.

Is there some debug option I can enable to see if it's even registering an event or something?

Ah - found it. The "pixel scroll threshold" was 60. I found that setting this to 20 fixes it. Perhaps try the default value on your system and see if you can reproduce it? I'm pretty confident I've never changed this value (it's a reasonably fresh install).

Last edited by davedeacon; 02-04-2022 at 12:45 PM.
davedeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:11 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes it is working with 60 on my system.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote