Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-01-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
kirk8677
Enthusiast
kirk8677 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Another viewer problem, this time with AZW3

Hi all, I was having issues w/ an EPUB book last week, and it turns out that Calibre doesn't support fixed layout EPUB's.

I'm now having what seems like a similar issue with an AZW3 bought on Amazon. I de-drm'ed it. It loads fine in the Kindle app, but when I read it in Calibre viewer, formatting is a mess. Is this some kind of unspported AZW3? And any way to convert it to something usable?
kirk8677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Kindle books in KF8 (azw3) format may also be fixed layout and those are also unsupported by calibre.

If you give the ten character ASIN identifier for the book it will be possible to determine if that is the case for that book.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
kirk8677
Enthusiast

Thanks, I'm almost certain that's it. The ASIN is B077414HJM.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:27 PM   #4
kirk8677
Enthusiast

I sure would love to find a way to convert these to PDFs.....everything I've tried has failed.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk8677 View Post
Thanks, I'm almost certain that's it. The ASIN is B077414HJM.
Yes. That is a fixed layout book.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:03 PM   #6
kirk8677
Enthusiast

I am guessing it's not worth putting in a feature request for fixed layout? Has it been discussed?
Old 11-01-2020, 10:20 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont have any interest in fixed layout books, but patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote